Chapter 24

Marlene POV
Peter saunters up to Tris so Four takes this as an talk to me privately. "So your a Dauntless?" he smirks and I nod. "What don't look so surprised." I answer and he laughs. "I'm sorry but you don't look like a Dauntless." he says and I act annoyed. He laughs and says,"You know you can't stay mad at me." and I roll my eyes. "Yeah I can't." and then we kiss. Only to be broken up by lots of gasps. We turn around to see the whole gang. Well.

Uriah POV
What the flip!How could they do that to me? Marlene looks startled and Four looks annoyed. Why because we broke them apart? I'm sorry but she's my girlfriend! I just feel broken but that won't stop me breaking Four.

Tris POV
Ha! They've got caught out! Finally! I hated all this sneaking around. Uriah lunges at Four but Zeke holds him back. "What the hell?"Uriah shouts. Marlene looks like she's about to cry. Four looks annoyed. So I answer,"They've been secretly dating since the day of the sleepover. I found them kissing outside so I told them they had to tell you by let's see today or I would." "Wait Tris you knew?" Christina asks and I nod. "I wanted to tell but I was going to see if either of those two things had the guts to. And of course they didn't."

We all stand there in silence until Uriah speaks up,"Well I can see what's happened now. Marlene we're finished. Four, you're dead to me. Come on guys lets go. Oh and don't bother talking to us again." and with that we turn and walk away. "Wait you're breaking up with me?" Marlene shouts and we all turn around. "Oh my gosh, Marlene, how dumb are you? Oh course I am!" and we walk away, not looking back once.

Four POV
I can't believe that just happened. I can't stand this anymore. I need to end it. "Look Marlene do you think this is serious?" She turns to me startled. "Of course I do! Don't you?" she asks and I shrug. "Not really, no. I thought that you knew this was only a one time thing." She looks shocked and hurt. "What? I thought you liked me. I thought... You know what, you obviously don't care. You don't care about me or anyone. So let's just break up now." I shrug again and nod. She looks like she's about to cry and I just can't stand that so I sigh, "Ok Marlene, you have to believe me. I don't know what I'm doing right now, I thought if I had someone to help me it would actually help but it hasn't." She looks at me and then replies,"So you were using me to fix yourself?" I shake my head, startled,"No no of course not. I thought you could help me. But we're just not right for each other. Do you understand now?" She nods and hugs me,"Yes but I think you need to talk to people. It'll help whatever your going through." I nod and resolve I'll talk to Zeke and Uriah, of they'll speak to me.

I tell her that she should talk to Uriah because she obviously still loves him. She smiles and nods. We part ways as friends but I'm not going near then for a while. Well apart from Zeke and Shauna. I go home only to be face to face with him. Marcus.

Tris POV
As we drive home I get a text from Marlene. I want to ignore it but something tells me I should look at it.

M: I know you've done loads but could you help me one more time?

T:What do you want?

M:I need you to get Uriah to speak to me. Four told me that he never actually thought this was serious, that he needed to feel something.

T: so he was using you?

M:No not at all! We broke up but he made me realise I still live Uriah. Oh yea and he wants to speak with Zeke and Uriah

T:I'll see what I can do

I'm only doing this so our groups not broken. I show the messages to the gang and they argue. Finally they agree to what Marlene says and I text her that Zeke'll text Four and Uriah will meet her tomorrow at school. Maybe our group can go back to normal. Maybe...
💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗Hey guys! That was a lot of updates and drama! Anyway please tell me what you thought! Also I'm going away on Saturday to Majorca so I probably won't be able to update for 10 days. But I'll try to if I can. Bye guys! 😊💕