Chapter 2

You and Connor had been looking around for a few hours now. You had narrowed down your choices and you had dropped Connor off to check one of them while you went to check the other one. Soon enough you got a call. You picked up.

"Hello?"

"(Y/n), it's me, Hank. I found your stupid piece of plastic here. We're heading to a homicide case location right now. We'll meet you there." He said.

"Oh! Alright! You two play nice now!" You teased.

"Ha ha, very funny (L/n). Just hurry your ass up." Hank said.

"On my way!" You said. You both hung up and you hurried along. You pulled up behind Hank's car. You got out and saw they had also just arrived and were in the front yard. You hurried after them. The police androids let you through and you stood next to Connor. He nodded to you, acknowledging your presence beside him.

"Alright you two, let's get to work." Hank said. You both followed after him. You listened quietly as you found out everything they already knew about the case. After that you stayed with Connor. You both looked at the knife. Connor bent down and got some of the blood on his fingers. Then, he licked it. You were surprised. Hank saw it too.

"Ah Jesus! What the hell are you doing?" He said.

"I'm analyzing the blood. I can check samples in real time. I'm sorry. I should've warned you." Connor replied. You chuckled. Hank looked kinda grossed out.

"Okay, just...don't put any more evidence in your mouth, you got it?" He said.

"Got it." Connor replied.

"Fucking hell, I can't believe this shit." Hank said. You laughed a little.

"Well, better get used to it Hank!" You said with a chuckle.

"You gotta be the only person I know who is so happy on a crime scene." Hank said.

"Well, even if the situation is bad doesn't mean I have to be as sour as the situation!" You said.

"Sure. Whatever you say." Hank replied plainly, but you saw the tiny smile he was trying to hide. You and Hank were great friends. You knew a lot about him and he trusted you. He'd kinda become like an old grumpy uncle to you. You followed Connor around. You both went into the kitchen and we scanned over the evidence he found. 

"You got something Connor?" You asked.

"It appears the deviant was attacked by its owner. It was hit with the bat and then it stumbled back into the counter. It grabbed the knife to defend itself." Connor said. You were stunned, but pleased.

"Great job Connor!" You said. He smiled a little.

"Thank you, (Y/n)."

"You two find something?" Hank asked.

"Yeah! Connor thinks he knows what happened in the kitchen!" You said. Connor explained once again and then he connected everything else with the body and the murder weapon. 

"Okay...so how do we know the android was attacked first?" Hank asked.

"It was damaged and lost some Thirium." Connor said.

"Lost some what?" Hank asked.

"Thirium. You call it 'blue blood'. It's the fluid that powers the android's biocomponents." Connor said. "It evaporates after a few hours and becomes invisible to the naked eye." 

"Oh...but I bet you can still see it, can't you?" Hank said.

"Correct." Connor confirmed. You smiled.