Chapter 10

Nova's leg was all fixed and she was back to her normal self. 

"Dad, what did you mean by her bad leg?" You asked.

"That leg tends to malfunction sometimes." He replied. You felt like there was more to it than that, but you went with it. "You may take Nova with you sometimes (Y/n). I wouldn't take her on every mission, but if you feel like you need her, keep this with you." He handed you a small single button remote.

"What is it?" 

"It's an emergency signal. It'll call Nova to come to you wherever you are. She will help you if you need her." He said. You nodded.

"Thanks Dad, but I think it'll be alright. I have Connor." You said. He nodded. You began to leave, but he called you back.

"Funny that you only said Connor." He said.

"Well I have Hank too." You said.

"You only said Connor the first time." He said. You wondered where he was going with this.

"Dad, what's wrong with that? Does it matter who I said?" You asked.

"I think it matters more than you realize." He said. He didn't take his eyes off the view through the window in his rather large repair shop. You knew he toyed around with android parts, but nothing major.

"What do you mean?" You asked.

"Connor is unique, yes?" He asked.

"Yeah, he's a prototype is what I've heard from Hank. He's very different than any other android." You said.

"So you could say he's special, right?" Your father asked.

"Yeah, I guess." You replied.

"Is he special in your eyes?" (F/n) asked.

"What? Dad, he's my friend, so yes, but why are you asking me this?" He paused for a moment. 

"Androids are complicated, humans are even more complicated. Connor is a model I have never seen before. He is advanced. His mission is to catch all deviants. You're meant to be his partner and help him. Whatever choices he makes, you must make your own choice. Humans think these robots aren't capable of doing things like us, but there is something behind every heart, robotic or flesh. I trust you can do this, my daughter. If anyone is strong enough to do this, it's you. I won't always be here, so I can only hope to guide you to be strong. Your choices are your own. Nobody knows what is 100% right or wrong. There is no 100% right or wrong. You can only hope you get out with the least amount of regrets. No matter how you define making the world a better place, it's all up to you whether or not you did or didn't. Even if you made it better one way, you could be making it worse in another way at the same time. There is no right or wrong, only choices." He said. You were stunned. You had no idea why he'd just told you this, but it felt like there was so much more behind his words. You felt like he knew something you didn't.

"I don't know what was in your coffee this morning Dad, but whatever it was did something to you." You said. He chuckled heartily. 

"I thought you were going to say that. Nevermind what I said. You go relax. You did a good job today (Y/n)." He said.

"Dad, is there something you aren't telling me?" You asked.

"If there was, I'm sure you'd be able to figure it out on your own. Now go relax. You've earned it." He said with a smile. Feeling kind of strange you just nodded and left with Nova trailing behind.

"What was that girl?" You asked. She gave a confused whine as if saying, 'I don't know'. You shrugged. "Maybe Dad finally fell off his rocker." You joked. She snorted, shaking her head. You laughed. "I'm just kidding girl. But still, what did he mean by all of that?" You pondered. Nova gave you an unsure whine and then she bounded off. She gave you a bark as if calling goodbye. You chuckled. She sure is a smart one. You thought.

You went to your room and changed into your PJ's. The day was nearly over and it didn't look like you were going to get any more cases today. After you were done you went back downstairs.

You laid down on the couch in front of the TV. You turned on a movie and set the remote down. Hank had left after he'd changed and you had thought Connor had left with him. You you watched the movie, he suddenly walked around the couch and stood at the other end of it, waiting to sit down. You sat up and he sat down next to you.

"I was wondering if it would be alright for me to join you." He said. You smiled.

"Of course!" You replied. You both sat down next to each other and you let him use the other half of the large blanket you were snuggled up in. You got about  third of the way through before you started getting tired. You leaned up against Connor. You felt his body tense up. You looked up at him. "Connor?" His eyes met yours. "Are you okay?" You asked.

"I..." He seemed at a loss for words. You began to move off of him.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"No!" He said suddenly. You were surprised. "Um, n-no y-you didn't do anything to make me uncomfortable. I-I'm sorry for making you concerned." He said. You smiled softly. You cupped his cheek.

"Don't be sorry. It's okay. I'm not upset or anything." You said. You were a little surprised as you felt him lean into your touch slightly. You had that feeling again. It was getting stronger. You leaned in a little closer. Connor did too surprisingly. 

"(Y/n)?" He asked, his voice softer than before. You snapped out of it and quickly broke his gaze. You pulled your hand away.

"S-sorry...I-I just had something on my mind." You said. He nodded, turning away from you.

"Y-yes. T-that makes the most sense." He said.

"Y-yeah." You agreed, rubbing your arm awkwardly.

"You may still rest on me if you like." He said suddenly. You looked at him, blushing slightly and pretty shocked. You hesitantly leaned up against him again. Somehow this time it felt...wrong, but then again, it felt so right at the same time. Suddenly his arm wrapped around your waist. You blushed even more, but you smiled a little you closed your eyes, accepting his embrace. Was this wrong? Was this bad? Were you being stupid? You didn't know, but for now, you didn't want to care. For now, it was okay to just let it be. For now, you were happy with it.