Chapter 5

You didn't know why, but Connor had insisted he stay with you that entire day. Your sister had asked if you wanted to go to her workplace with her. You had always enjoyed going with her. She was a fashion artist. She did many combinations that you wouldn't normally do, but in the end, her clothes would be selling out at record time! 

You had talked to Ash and he'd apologized for what he'd said. Your mother's death was a very sensitive subject for you. You hated bringing it up. Ash was who you were closest to, but he could get very overprotective and even aggressive toward other people if they weren't doing what was considered 'okay' in his book.

Your brothers all worked together in the FBI. They were all fairly respected figures. They each had their own place. Carl was a lower rank. He was Zane's partner along with Ash. Kent was more of a lab worker. He helped do the scan's and pick through the evidence. He was amazing at it. Ash was more of an attack dog. He was usually sent in with Zane and Carl on dangerous missions. Zane was their leader. He was the one who gave the orders to Ash, Carl, Kent, and then a few other lower ranking people. He was the most respected. Your father was their personal trainer. He'd taught them everything there was to know about their jobs and he often gave them advice. He was retired now, but he still helped them train to keep their skills up and he gave them advice when they needed it.

You hadn't reached their level, so you'd become a detective instead. Your sister hadn't wanted that. She'd had her own dream from day one. She now ran a HUGE fashion business. No matter what, nobody could say your family was a boring one.

You came down the stairs and your sister was waiting there. You hurried over. Connor was waiting for you too.

"Let's go little sis!" Scarlett said.

"Hang on. Are you sure you wanna come, Connor? This isn't what I'd think you'd wanna be doing with your time." You said.

"I said I would care for you for a day. If that includes spending time with your sister at her work, then I will come with." He said. He smiled.

"Alright, now let's go!" Scarlett said. You all hurried out to her car. Connor sat in the back and you sat in the front on the passenger side. "So, what did happen yesterday?" Scarlett asked.

"We were chasing a deviant when it ran out into oncoming traffic. (Y/n) chased after them despite me and Hank's efforts to stop her. They got into a fight in the middle of the road, but (Y/n) was shoved to the ground as the deviant got away. I managed to pull her to safety just before a bus would've hit her." Connor explained. Scarlett sighed.

"Real smart (Y/n)." She said.

"I was just trying to do my job!" You said. 

"Doing your job doesn't mean doing every risk in the book! Look, I don't want to argue, but please promise me you'll be more careful." She said.

"*Sigh* I will." You replied. 

"I would sure hope so." She said. Soon you arrived at her workplace. You walked in and you smiled as you were instantly greeted by Nova. She was the family pet. She was an android wolf. Your father had worked with the man who had first created androids, so he knew his way around them rather well. Nova was a guard wolf, so she stayed at your sister's main building a lot. She was amazing. She barked happily as you entered.

"Hey, girl! How is my favorite wolf doing?" You asked. She barked again. You smiled. "Good? You're doing good are ya?" You teased. She kept barking excitedly and began running around you. She jumped up and you caught her front paws. You laughed as you did a funky dance with her and she barked happily. She then pushed you over and licked your face happily. You squealed in surprise, laughing harder.