Chapter 69

When you and Connor arrived back home, everyone was asleep. You both went up to your room to get some rest. You changed in the bathroom and then you brushed your teeth. You walked out of the bathroom and Connor was changed too. You smiled and you laid down together and you gave him a quick kiss. His arms wrapped around you and you relaxed as his fingers gently combed through your hair.

"Connor."

"Yes?"

"I'm...I'm worried about what we saw. What if...what if they get those things working?" You said.

"I know it's concerning, but it'll be fine. Besides, I will never leave you nor let anything hurt you." He said, kissing your forehead. You smiled. 

"I love you, Connor." He smiled back.

"I love you too, (Y/n)." You cuddled up to him. You wrapped your arms around his neck. He chuckled a little and gently pressed his forehead against your own.

"Connor,"

"Yes, my love?" He asked.

"Promise me something."

"What's that?"

"That you'll always be mine." You said. He smiled.

"I promise you, I will never let anything or anyone separate us. Even if something ever happens to me, I'll always, always, be with you." He said, cupping your cheek. You smiled.

"Better not happen, because..." You kissed him. He kissed back, holding your body closer to his own. Your tongues tangled together and he let out of soft moan. You pulled back after a moment. "I need you to be here with me." You finished. He kissed your cheek.

"I will do everything in my power to keep us together." He said. "Get some sleep. You'll need it for tomorrow." You yawned and nodded. You let him hold you as you slowly drifted off to sleep.

*In the morning*

You yawned. You smiled as your eyes met Connor's chocolate brown ones. You kissed his nose.

"Morning, Connor." You said.

"Good morning, (Y/n)." He replied. "Rest well?"

"Yes." You replied. He smiled.

"You're awake earlier than yesterday. You should have time to eat before leaving." He said. You nodded.

"Think you can do me a favor then?" You asked.

"What's that?" 

"Can you go cook something for me while I get ready?" You asked. He smiled.

"Of course, love." He said, kissing the bridge of your nose.

"Thanks Connor." You said. You both got up and you went to the bathroom to start getting ready. Connor got dressed before heading down to make something for you. You took a quick shower, dried off, got dressed, did your hair and makeup, and then you headed downstairs. You smiled as Connor set down a plate of bacon and eggs. You kissed his cheek as a thank you and you both sat down side by side. You ate your food and then you went back upstairs to brush your teeth. You hurried back downstairs. You and Connor headed in to work. 

When you got there you reported your findings to the captain. He nodded as he took in the information. 

"We'll have some of our cops look into it. You two have done everything you have to for this case. Thank you both. That was a risky mission. You re dismissed." He said. You both nodded and headed back out to Hank.

"So, you two got what we all needed?" He asked. You nodded with a smile.

"Yep!" You said.

"Hopefully we can put a stop to this before it gets out of hand." Connor said.

"Yeah, no kidding. Last thing we need is another fight." Hank agreed.

??? POV

"Sir, last night our computers were wiped and everything was contaminated. Our operation will be set back for months." I looked at Brad. He was one of my highest trusted workers. "We managed to catch a glimpse of what appears to be a couple sneaking into the lab." I grinned.

"Remember the news from the night when the androids gained their freedom?" I said.

"Yes. Why?" He asked.

"There was a human girl showing affections for an android. I have a feeling it was that detective. It was said he was the one who broke into the Cyberlife Tower by some of the guards that worked there." I said. 

"Sir, what are you implicating that we do?" He asked.

"I had a feeling the cops would be on my trail, but I have a different prototype ready. One that can easily turn things in our favor. We get rid of the detective and his little girlfriend, then it'll be easy to get rid of Markus and his closest allies without the cops even knowing we did it until it's too late." I said.

"Wait...you're going to send the SD300?" He asked.

"Indeed." I said.

"But Sir, that android can't take on both of them." He pointed out.

"It can't fight all that well, but it's very smart. I think I have the perfect way to bring those two troublemakers down." I chuckled. "Call it." Brad called the android and it came down the stairs over to me.

"SD300, register your name." I said. It looked at me. "Dagger."

"My name is Dagger."

"Dagger, take note of your mission." She looked at me again.

"Separate the deviant couple at the police station. Report back to me daily with details. Orders will be given accordingly." I said.

"Mission noted."