Chapter 30

You were all in the elevator together. Connor was doing his coin tricks. You watched with a smile. He wasn't even looking at the coin and yet he was doing amazing! I wonder how he learned to do that. You thought. Hank clearly didn't like it. He grabbed the coin.

"You're starting to piss me off with that coin, Connor." Connor looked a little surprised.

"Sorry Lieutenant." He said. You rolled your eyes.

"Your starting to piss me off with the attitude Hank." You said with a smirk. He rolled his eyes.

"Watch it smartass." He said. You chuckled. "Glad your attitude has improved though." You smiled.

"I...had some help." You said, looking at Connor. He smiled a little. Hank let out an amused huff. Then you reached the right floor. You came to a stop and the computerized voice said,

"79th floor." You all walked out together, Hank in the lead with you and Connor right behind him.

"Hi, Hank." A fellow officer greeted. "Hello (Y/n). I'm sorry to hear about the fire. I hope you're doing okay." He said. You frowned a little at the mention of it, but you nodded.

"Yeah. I'm fine." You replied. Connor held your hand for a moment and you smiled at him gratefully.

"Shit, what's going on here? There was a party and nobody told me about it?" Hank asked.

"Yeah, it's all over the news, so everybody's butting their nose in. Even the FBI wants a piece of the action." He explained. Hank looked annoyed.

"Ah Christ, now we got the Feds on our back...I knew this was gonna be a shitty day." Hank said. "So what do we got?" You and Connor followed them as the officer explained.

"A group of 5 androids. They knew the building, and they were very well organized. We're still trying to figure out how they got this far without being noticed." He said. "They attacked two guards in the hallway. They probably thought the androids were coming to do maintenance. They got taken down before they could react. One of the station employees managed to get away. He's in shock, not sure when we'll be able to talk to him." 

"How many people were working here?" Hank asked.

"Just two employees and three androids. The deviants took the humans hostage and broadcast their message live. They made their getaway from the roof."

"Have you checked the roof yet?" You asked.

"Not yet." He replied.

"The roof?" Hank questioned.

"Yeah, they jumped with parachutes. We're still trying to figure out where they landed, but the weather's not helping. If you want to take a look at the video broadcast by the deviants, it's on that screen over there." He said.

"Well, this should be interesting." You said, mostly to yourself.

"Oh Lieutenants, this is Special Agent Perkins from the FBI. Lieutenant Anderson is in charge of investigating for Detroit Police. Miss (Y/n) (L/n) here is his younger partner. You used to know her mother, I believe." The cop introduced.

"Ah yes, Miss (L/n). Fine women. Too bad she got shot on the job." He began. He noticed Connor. "What's that?" He asked. 

"My name is Connor. I'm the android sent by Cyberlife." Connor said.

"Androids investigating androids, huh? You two sure you want an android hanging around? After everything that happened." You glared at him and Hank said nothing. "Whatever, the FBI will take over the investigation, you'll soon be off the case."