Chapter 20

The next day you went in with Connor. Hank was there too.

"You two enjoy your day off?" He said, a hint of tease in his voice. You rolled your eyes.

"And what did you do for your day off Hank?" You asked.

"Sat at home and watched the game." Hank replied.

"And?" You asked, crossing your arms.

"...I had 3 bottles of beer okay?" He muttered. You rolled your eyes.

"I'm not surprised." You said.

"What did you two do?" Hank asked.

"I arrived at (Y/n) house later in the day. I swam with her and her family in their pool." Connor said.

"You swim Connor?" Hank asked.

"No, not really. But I do have the ability of swimming, yes. We played a few games together." Connor said.

"What games?" Hank asked.

"Beach ball volley ball, and Marco Polo. We played tag before Connor arrived." You said.

"You guys swam all day?" Hank asked.

"No. After lunch (Y/n) needed to train with Nova, but I offered to do it instead so she could continue to enjoy her day off." Connor explained. "For some reason when she came to check on us after training her body temperature rose."

"Um, Connor I don't think Hank needs to know every detail-"

"Wait what? What happened?" Hank asked.

"Well, to keep myself from over heating I had removed my shirt prior to the start of the training with Nova. It was still off when (Y/n) came to check on us. Her face was hot and red afterwards. I tried to cool her off and I asked her if anything was wrong. She said she was fine, but when I asked again she got a nosebleed." Connor explained. Your were red as a tomato with embarrassment.

"You took your shirt off in front of her!?" Hank exclaimed.

"Not in front of her. It was off when she entered the room." Connor said. You covered your face with your hands and speed walked to your desk as Hank burst out laughing. You sat down at your desk and groaned into your hands. WHY IS HE SO OBLIVIOUS?! You screamed to yourself.

"What the heck is going on with you?" You lifted your head and came face to face with Gavin. You sighed.

"None of your business Reed." You replied.

"Aw come on, hon. You can talk to me baby." He said, his hands rubbing your shoulders as he leaned over your shoulder. You shrugged him off.

"Leave me alone Gavin." You said.

"Why? Haven't you ever thought of having some fun?" He asked. You whipped around and gave him a death glare.

"Lay off you pervert!" You snapped. 

"Make me." He said.

"Is there a problem here?" You both turned and saw Hank standing there with Connor next to him.

"Stay out of this old timer." Gavin said.

"Make me Reed." Hank growled back.

"Gladly you fuckin' drunk." Gavin hissed.

"That's enough!" Connor said. Gavin turned toward him.

"Oh, so your gonna have your fuckin' plastic pet stand up for you Anderson?" Gavin teased with a smug grin. He shoulder past Hank. "Shitty piece of plastic. How about you go melt in a recycling plant?" Gavin mocked. "Or are you afraid your gonna lose your girlfriend here to somebody better than you." Connor's LED went red. You saw him ball his hand into a fist. 

"I would appreciate if you left (Y/n) alone." He said, trying to keep his voice at a calm tone. Hank looked between the two, looking stunned. 

"Oh really? Well I would appreciate if you went and burned in a fire!" Gavin yelled. You stood up.

"STOP IT BOTH OF YOU!" You shouted. They both turned toward you. Connor's LED went back to blue and he looked at the ground, seemingly sorry that he made you upset. "Officer Reed I would appreciate if you left!" You said, glaring at him.

"Why? Why the hell are you always standing up for that piece of junk!? It's not like it can feel anything!" Gavin yelled. You broke. You punched him square in the jaw. He fell flat on his back from the power of it. Hank looked shocked. Connor did too, his LED turning yellow.

"REED! (L/N)! MY OFFICE NOW!" You both turned toward Captain Fowler. Oops... You thought. Gavin stood up, rubbing his jaw and glaring at you. You glared back at him. You both walked into his office. You stood a good 3 feet away from Gavin. "I will not accept brawling here. Reed, your suspended for 4 days." He said.

"WHAT!? SHE hit ME!" Gavin yelled, outraged.

"THAT'S ENOUGH! Unless you want more time I'd suggest you get moving!" Captain Fowler said. He looked completely pissed. He shot a death glare at you as he stormed out of the office.

"(Y/n), I understand Gavin is not the best person to be around let alone work with, but you can't just punch him when he says something to set you off." He told you.

"Do I have stay out of work too?" You asked.

"For you, I'll let it slide this time. Next time I'll have to make you stay home though." He said. 

"Thank you sir. I understand." You replied. He nodded to you.

"You may leave." He said.

"Thank you." You said and walked out of his office. Hank and Connor came over to you.

"What happened kid? We saw Gavin steam off looking like a fuckin' bomb." Hank asked.

"He's suspended for 4 days. I got off easy." You said. Hank sighed in relief.

"That's good. We need you. Plus Gavin won't be around. That makes it even better!" Hank said.

"Next time I'm not going to get off so easy according to the Captain." You said.

"Well, let's hope there isn't a next time then." Hank said. He went back to his desk and you went back to yours. Connor followed you. 

"I'm sorry for making you upset." You looked up at him. His LED was back to blue and he looked ashamed. You stood up and cupped his cheek.

"Connor, you had nothing to do with me getting upset. It was just Gavin being an ass." You said.

"But you yelled at us to stop." Connor said.

"Because Gavin was pissing me off and I didn't want you to do anything you would regret." You said.

"Really? You weren't mad at me?" He asked. You chuckled. You kissed his cheek.

"Why would I ever get mad at you?" You said. "My question is, were you mad at him? You looked pretty upset." You said. He thought about it, his LED going yellow.

"He wasn't respecting you and he was being rude toward you. It...it gave me an unpleasant feeling." Connor admitted. You hugged him.

"It's alright. I understand. I'm fine though. You don't have to worry about me. I come from a tough family." You said. He smiled a little. Suddenly, a friend of Zane that you knew, Kyle, burst into the station.

"(Y/N)! IT'S THE GUYS! THEY NEED HELP!" He yelled. You froze in shock, your body going cold. It a second it went from shock to adrenaline. 

"Where?" You demanded.

"Hurry!" Kyle shouted. You all ran out. You were the fastest. Boys...I'm coming. Just hang on.

(CLIFFHANGER! I'm evil~! Are yals enjoying though? Let meh know! This is Spiritwing howling a goodbye! Author AHWOOOOT!)