Chapter 17

The next day, you took the day off. You needed it. Your stress levels were getting to you and your brothers had insisted you stay home. For once, you agreed with them. They all stayed home too. You sister had stayed home as well. Your father had gone out for the day with an old friend of his. You didn't know why, but it was a last minute deal and he said that a day with his friend was something he had been wanting to enjoy for a long time. None of you minded. You thought he deserved it, in fact.

You had all decided you would have a pool day at your house. Your sister, of course, had provided the swimsuits. She'd made a new one just for you and you really liked it. You loved to swim. Your father had said that since they'd had the pool since before you were all born, you'd grown up swimming. It was what you did for fun during the summer when you had nowhere to go and nothing to do when you were younger. Your old friends had often come over a lot. Pool parties were a must have at your house when you were younger.

You grabbed your towel and hurried down the stairs. Your family was there getting their own stuff all set up. Scarlett gasped with a huge smile.

"YOU LOOK AMAZING IN THAT! I did it again!" She said. You smiled.

"Sure did sis!" You agreed. You set up your own sitting spot and then you all lined up together. You held hands.

"We ready?" Zane asked.

"Like you have to ask! Let's have some fun!" Ash said.

"Ready!" Kent said.

"Pool party dudes!" Carl yelled.

"It's been too long since we've done this together! I think I was 17 the last time we all jumped in together!" Scarlett said. 

"No kidding, it's been way to long. Let's have some fun!" You agreed.

"3! 2! 1! JUMP!" Zane said. You all jumped together.

"CANNONBALL!" Carl yelled.

"Woo hoo!" Kent yelled along.

"OUTTA MY WAY SUCKERS!" Ash yelled.

"Wee!" Scarlett squealed. Zane just laughed happily. You grinned.

"POOL DAY!" You yelled. You all splashed into the cool water. You were all soaked in seconds. It was the only way to do it. Get in and get past the chill right away. That's how you always did it. Scarlett usually took her time. Kent and Zane sometimes took a few moments to get in. Ash and Carl always jumped straight into it along with you.

You all surfaced and laughed loudly. You smiled happily. You'd missed this. You never got to do this anymore. You all were always so busy, leaving your father at home and going off to your jobs all day. It felt good to relax. It felt good to have the water wash over your body again. It felt good to share a laugh with your family. It felt good to just be there in that moment. 

You all saw around and chatted for about an hour. You were having a great time swimming around until...

"TAG! YOU'RE IT!" Carl poked you and instantly swam away. Everyone looked toward you and you floated there, trying to process what just happened. Suddenly everyone grinned. They all screamed in fake horror and swam away from you. You grinned.

"You're gonna get it now Carl! You know I'm the fastest swimmer!" You said.

"Try and catch me!" He teased. You charged after him. You gave up chasing Car after about a minute. You dove after Scarlett. She shrieked and swam away as fast as she could. You tagged her.

"You're it Scarlett!" You said.

"Oh alright! We're playing that way, huh?" She said. She turned toward Zane.