Chapter 29

You were sitting in your room at your big desk. You were working on something to pass the time. It was just a fun little project. You hummed to yourself as you worked on it.

"What are you doing?" You looked up and spotted Connor. You smiled. 

"A drawing. Just something to pass the time." You said. He tilted his head, the same old curiosity shining in his eyes.

"May I look?" He asked. 

"Sure! I'm basically finished." You said. You handed him the sketch pad and he scanned it over.

 You handed him the sketch pad and he scanned it over

"This is very unique." He said. You smiled. 

"Thanks Connor. It didn't take that long actually. I'm kind of surprised by how it turned out. I'm usually not good at drawing eyes." You said. "Although, usually I have to draw two eyes and they aren't that big, but then again you have to add more detail, so I guess it evens out." He nodded.

"Logically, that would make the most sense." He said. You smiled.

"Agreed. Hey! I just remembered! Zane said he would train with me some more today! You wanna stay for it?" You asked.

"I can watch and maybe I will learn something as well." Connor said.

"Sweet! Let's go!" You said. You both headed out of your room and looked around for Zane. You found him in his room, meditating. You chuckled.

"Come on Mister Spiritual. You promised." You said. His eyes opened and he stood up.

"Okay, okay. Let's go." He replied. The three of you walked to the dojo and you both got into position while Connor watched.

"Basic or Special?" Zane asked.

"Special. I need to start getting some unique moves." You replied. He nodded.

"Ready?"

"Yep!" You replied. You both fought. He was good, but you knew his moves. You also had your own tricks. You went in for a punch around his shoulder. He dodged and your arm went under his. You grinned. He had fallen right for your trap. You quickly locked your arm around his, turned and flipped him over your shoulder. He smashed into the ground. He groaned. You chuckled.

"You okay Zane?" You asked.

"Where...where did you learn that?" He asked.

"I didn't. I just came up with it." You replied. He gave you a smile.

"You're stronger than you look sis." He said.

"That's exactly what I'm aiming for." You replied. You kept sparring and you kept winning with your own special moves. Zane was having trouble keeping out. Soon enough, he was down again.

"What..the heck?" He said as you helped him up. "I don't think you need this training. I'm the one that needs it." He said jokingly. You laughed.

"Sorry bro. You should probably take a break." You said.

"I was going to anyway." He said. "Good work (Y/n)." He told you and left. You chuckled. Connor walked up to you.

"That was very impressive." He said.

"Thanks Connor. Learn anything new from that?" You asked.

"I did. I learned a few of your moves. I had never thought about doing those type of things before." He said. You smiled.

"I just kinda think of them." 

"Well, they are very unique." Connor told you. You smiled.

"Ash taught me a few of them." You said. You frowned at the thought of your brother. Connor seemed to realize that you were back to being upset. You both sat down together and he kissed your cheek.

"Why did you bond so closely with Ash out of all five of your siblings?" He asked.

"Ash was...different. He acted tough, but he was so sweet on the inside. He just wanted to keep me safe. He was like a guardian to me. He listened to me and I listened to him. He had trouble with his anger and I had trouble with my confidence. I would tell him how to keep a smile on his face and he would tell me how to push past everything holding me back. I guess you could say we were the parts of each other that each of us needed. Now that he's gone...and that it's because of me....I...I don't know what I'm going to do. What if everyone else is right? What if I should just be making outfits with Scarlett?" You said. He hugged you.

"You beat Zane in training. I'm sure you're going to be fine. Besides, you still have me. I'll always make sure you're safe." Connor said. You smiled, hugging back.

"Thanks Connor. I just...I wish he was still here." You said.

"I have to say, it's different without your two brothers around." He agreed.

"But you're right. I can't give up. Ash would never let me hear the end of it when I finally get to see him again." You said. Connor smiled a little.

"Your emotional state has increased a lot since the garden." He said. You smiled.

"Because I have you. Things won't be easy. I might be hurting a lot more than I want to, but if you're here I know I'll make it. If you're here...I have something to be happy about." You said, cupping his cheek.

"You will always have something to live for, even if I'm gone. I just want you to be safe and never give up. We all need you." He said. You kissed the bridge of his nose.

"And I need you too." You replied. He kissed your nose.

"I won't go anywhere. I promise." He said. "I have to check in with Cyberlife. I'll catch up to you in a moment." He said. You nodded.

"I'll be out on the couch!" You said and left. You went and turned on the TV. At first it was normal, but then,

"We interrupt this program to bring you important news! Androids just broke into one of the main broadcasting towers in Detroit! The message of their demands seems peaceful, but the request are rather stunning! It is still being investigated and people are wondering what actions the authorities will take on this serious matter!" You were stunned.

"Connor! Connor!" You called. He hurried over and looked at the TV. "We have to find Hank. We've got more work to do." You said. He nodded.

"Agreed. We are running out of time."