Chapter 21

Kyle lead the way as you raced through the streets. Connor was right beside you. Hank trailed a little ways behind. 

"What's going on?" Connor called to Kyle.

"Deviants! In a building! We came across three of them! They ad the means necessary to blow up a building! The guys are in the building! We don't know what's happening. I knew I had to get you! This is serious!" Kyle said. You were shocked. You ran faster. Your body was a blur as you ran so fast. You saw the commotion up ahead. Police cars and a few fire trucks for safety surrounded the building. There was a wall of officers keeping pedestrians away from the area. You didn't have time to run through the crowd. You went around.

"(Y/n)! Wait! No! Don't go in there!" Kyle called. You leaped the fence and bolted inside. You looked around. Your gun was out in seconds. You went from cover to cover, trying to locate your brothers. You heard voices.

"Dudes! Please! We don't wanna hurt you! Calm down guys!" Carl! You thought, alarmed. You hurried up the stairs toward the voices. You peeked into the room. You saw three male androids, one of which you recognized. Jake. You growled to yourself. You brothers were trying to reason with them. Ash had his gun pointed at them, but he kept saying he would only shoot if they lit the bomb.

"Gentlemen, please. Do you really want to cause all this trouble?" Zane asked.

"We can talk this out!" Kent agreed.

"Why should we trust you humans?" Jake hissed. You'd had it. 

"Shut up Jake." You said, your gun out as you walked into the room.

"(Y/N)?!" Your brothers exclaimed.

"Surprise!" You said, grinning at them.

"Ah the cop with the mutt." Jake said. "Easy boys. This is the sweetie that let me go." 

"Let you go my ass." You growled.

"Try and take us, lady. We'll take you down with us." His blond haired friend said. He was the same model, but his eyes and hair were different colors than Jake.

"I will shoot asshole." You growled. 

"Oh, little miss cop is feistier than last time." Jake said.

"Zip it. You mess with my family and you mess with my rage, buddy." You growled, your voice low and deadly. They all looked shocked.

"Wait, you're all related?" The third android asked.

"And we still have an older sister too." Carl said. You all glared at him. "What? It's true!" He said.

"Your mother must've been really insane." Jake said. Your brothers all instantly looked at you in alarm. You shot at him. He narrowly dodged it.

"NEVER TALK ABOUT MY MOTHER!" You screamed. 

"Daren! Light it!" Jake ordered. The third android lit it and you were all blown backward. You coughed as one of your brothers helped you up.

"Those were set up all over the building! This place will be falling apart within minutes!" Kent said.

"MOVE! NOW!" Zane ordered. You all hurried toward the exit. Fires burst out and you followed Zane as he lead the way out. Suddenly you heard Ash shout, 

"LOOK OUT!" You were pushed forward as a large beam and a bunch of rubble fell.

"ASH! KENT!" You exclaimed.

"We're alright! We'll find another way!" Kent called.

"Hurry!" Zane yelled. He grabbed your arm and the three of you ran. Zane stopped.

"I don't know which way!" Carl yelled.

"I..I don't know either!" Zane said. For the first time, you could hear true fear in his voice. Suddenly, you felt somebody grab your hand. You turned. 

"Connor!" You exclaimed.

"Follow me!" He shouted. You all hurried after him. He lead the way out and people instantly started looking over the three of you, checking to see if you were injured. You looked back toward the building.

"Connor! Ash and Kent! They're still in there!" You said, coughing.

"It is too dangerous. We cannot go back in." He said. You were stunned. You didn't care if it was dangerous.

"Those are my brothers! You try and stop me!" You shouted and ran forward, racing back in. 

"SIS! NO!" Zane screamed. You ran through the smoke and the heat washed over your body again. You covered your mouth, trying to protect yourself from the smoke as best you could.

"Ash! Kent! Where are you!?" You shouted. You kept looking around. Suddenly a bomb that hadn't been triggered went off. You screamed as you were blown backward. You smashed into a wall and hit your head pretty hard. You dragged your eyes open. They stung and were sticky with gooey tears. You felt something wet on the back of your skull, but you hardly had the energy to pay any attention to it. Your arms hurt and you felt sticky around your left cheek and your abdomen. You got up anyway. Your ears were ringing, but you didn't care. 

You kept calling for your brothers. They had to be there somewhere. You had to find them. Your body was drenched in sweat. At least...you thought it was sweat. Some of it was, but most of it...wasn't. Stupidly, you blundered around through the smoke and flames. "Ash! Kent! W-where *cough cough* where are you!?" You shouted, your voice breaking horribly. You kept going. You thought you heard shouting. You went toward it. Your legs were shaking. Your entire body felt weak. Your head spun as you tried to keep yourself on your feet. You collapsed, wheezing. You laid there, nothing left in you.

"(Y/n)!" Your eyes opened. You saw a blurry figure through the smoke. 

"A...Ash...?" You whimpered. They ran toward you. You were scooped up and carried off. Your eyes were burning, but you forced yourself to look at your rescuer. "Connor..." You breathed. He held you tightly as he raced forward. You shut your eyes, letting your body fall limp in his arms.

"(Y/n)! Hold on! Please hold on a little longer!" He shouted. You'd never heard Connor speak like that before. He sounded...afraid. You felt the air around you get cooler and you heard many more voices. 

"(Y/n)! Kid!" You heard Hank's voice. You were laid down on the ground. You began to regain your will to move. You shifted and you opened your eyes again. Connor helped you sit it. It was then you noticed you were covered in drying blood. You looked horrible, but you didn't care. "What the fuck where you thinking!?" Hank yelled at you.

"They're still in there!" You said, your voice cracking.

"We can only hope they get out by themselves (Y/n)." Connor said.

"No! I have to help them!" You yelled.

"You are NOT running back in there again! I will chain you to the ambulance if I have to!" Hank said.

"But-" You were cut off as you all heard the building cave in. Parts of it fell down from the top to the bottom. Hoses blasted the flames, but you were crying, horrified. 

"NO!!!!!!!!!" You screamed. You tried to get up, But Connor and Hank held you back. You kept screaming bloody murder as you tried to run back to the building. Tears rushed down your face. Your body hurt like hell, but in that moment, you could only feel your heart taring itself apart. You remembered this feeling. You knew it all to well. It was agony. Nothing on your body could hurt more. After 5 long minutes of screaming and fighting against the two men holding you back, you finally felt your body drain of all emotion and energy. You stopped struggling, feeling your body shutting down. You fell back, the boys catching you. They both looked scared and called out your name as you finally gave in. Your eyes fluttered closed, but one last thing pierced your ears as you blacked out. It was Connor. He was screaming, something he never did. 

"(Y/N)!!!!!"