Chapter 52

Connor's POV

It'd been two days. Nobody had found her. Nova had found a trail, but she was getting exhausted. We had to stop for the night. I was so worried. I couldn't relax. My stress levels were at 63%. They would've been higher, but I had (Y/n)'s family helping me. I didn't know what to do. I was useless. I was helpless. I thought I could find her easily. I was wrong. 

I went to her room and shut the door. I locked it. I sat down on her bed. I thought about everything I could've done. I could've done something. It was my fault. Everything was my fault. I failed. Tears formed in my eyes. It's my fault she's gone. I felt pain in my heart, well, what acted as my heart. Why? It hurts... It hurt more than anything. I'm not supposed to feel pain... W-why does it hurt so much!? Make it stop! MAKE IT STOP! 

Stress levels: 71%

It hurts! I can't take it! Please! Stop! Stop it!

Stress levels: 77%

STOP IT!!! I DON'T WANT TO FEEL THIS!!!

Stress levels: 83%

"MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!" Tears rushed down my face as I clutched my hair. I tasted blood in my mouth. I was stunned. "W-what?" I began to calm down. I realized what was happening. If I keep this up, I'll do something I'll regret. I have to stay calm. I HAVE to.

"Connor?" I looked up. Carl was there. "Dude, you okay?"

"How did you get in?" I asked.

"I have a key to (Y/n)'s room. We all haves keys to the rooms in case of emergencies." He explained. "You alright buddy?" I looked back at the ground, hoping he wouldn't see the tears on my face. He came over. He hugged me. "I know how you feel, Connor." I was stunned. "When I was little, Ash was hard on me. Kent would always yell at me if I messed with his stuff too. It made me feel....like nothing. (Y/n) was always there for me though. When my brothers made me feel like no matter what I did it made things worse, she was there for me. Now, I'm here for you." He said. I'd never seen him like this. He was never this serious. He was always joking around or being silly. 

"Why are you telling me this? It's not the same." I said.

"Do you feel like something is strangling your heart?" I looked at him in shock. "A pain that hurts so bad you want nothing else but to make it stop?" I looked away from him. "I know how it feels. You feel like you're useless. Like if you could've done something you would've. Like if there way anything else, you'd have done it, but since you didn't, you conclude that's it's your fault things went wrong." He said. "I can't tell you how many times I've felt like that. My advice is, don't let yourself go through it alone. You'll end up doing something horrible. If you need anybody, we're all here for you. I'm here for you, Connor. Trust me. We aren't gonna give up." He said. I nodded and hugged him. He hugged back. 

"Thank you." I said. He hugged me tighter.

"Anything for you, buddy. You're part of the family, Connor."

Your POV

"Had enough yet, you fucking bitch?" Gavin asked snottily. You were bruised and your lip was bleeding from his beating. You were scared. You had never liked Gavin, but now he was different. He was crazy! He'd done this to you 5 times now. Throughout the past two days he'd been treating you like garbage. Your body hurt like crazy and you hadn't been able to move from the spot you were in.

"Stop it...." You whimpered.

"You know what you have to say to make me stop, (Y/n)." He said with a sickening grin.

"I will never be yours." You coughed bravely. He rolled his eyes. 

"You really are stubborn." He said.

"M-my family will come for me. You won't get away with this." You said.

"Oh really? You're family and the androids have been looking all over the city for two days already and they haven't turned up shit. You're stuck here with me sweetie." He said.

"Don't call me that, you bastard." You growled. "You'll get caught eventually. You can't stay here forever. Your supplies will run out soon enough." You said.

"So? Even if I do get caught, they will never get me to say where you are. You'll be dead before they can find you and your plastic prick boyfriend will be devastated." He said.

"And what if I give in? What then? They'll never let you go free for doing this to me." You said.

"I have you, my sweet. They won't touch me if you tell them not to. Plus that coward Markus couldn't cut somebody with a knife if he tried." Gavin said. You glared at him.

"I bet he could make an exception for scum like you." You hissed. He kicked you again. You cried out in pain.

"Shut the fuck up." He growled. Suddenly, you heard a voice.

"What..w-what is going on here?" You both spotted a damaged android. You were stunned. You'd never seen him before. His face was in pretty rough shape. It was clear he was unstable. "R-Ralph doesn't like visitors. Ralph just came back from Jericho. This is Ralph's home." He said.

"What the fuck happened to you dipshit?" Gavin asked, disgust on his face.

"Visitors..not nice to Ralph." He spotted you. "Y-you! You are t-the lost human! M-Markus asked if Ralph saw you!" 

"Shit!" Gavin cursed. He pulled out his gun. "Don't move!" He yelled. Ralph froze.

"R-Ralph doesn't want trouble." He said. You got an idea.

"YES! I'm free!" You shouted, trying to get Gavin's attention. Gavin quickly turned around and you kicked his legs out from under him. He fell face first onto the floor. "RALPH! RUN! GET HELP! FIND CONNOR!" He took off.

"Ralph will come back! Ralph promises!" He called. Gavin got up and looked enraged.

"You little shit." He growled. You swallowed hard. Help me....