Chapter 40

(Okay. Listen to this song on repeat while reading this. It so sets the atmosphere! If you want to know what to look up for the song, look up 'Nightcore - World So Cold' That's all! Into the action!)

Connor lowered the gun and you saw the change in his eyes. He's free. I did it! You thought with a smile. Connor quickly grabbed onto you and kissed you full force. You kissed back.

"Nice work (Y/n). I knew you were one of us." Markus said. You broke away. Connor looked confused.

"Wait...you knew about Jericho?" He asked.

"I'll explain everything later. We have to go, NOW!" You said.

"What?" Markus asked.

"They're going to attack Jericho!" Connor said. You heard a helicopter fly by above you.

"Shit." Markus cursed. He ran out and you both followed him. You ran and met up with North.

"They're coming from all sides! Our people are trapped in the hold! They're gonna be slaughtered!" North said. Markus sent out a message to everyone.

"Where's Josh?" Markus asked.

"I don't know, we got separated." North said. 

"They're coming from the upper deck now too. We'll be caught in the crossfire." Markus said. 

"We have to run Markus, there's nothing we can do!" North said.

"We have to blow up Jericho. If the ship goes down, they'll evacuate and our people can escape!" Markus said. 

"You'll never make it! The explosives are all the way down in the hold, there are soldiers everywhere!" North said.

"She's right. They know who you are. They'll do anything to get you." Connor said.

"Go and help the others. I'll join you later." Markus said.

"Markus wait! You might need help." You said. You whistled. Instantly, barking was heard. You all turned. "Nova!" You yelled. She came pelting forward to get to you, her powerful legs flinging her forward faster than ever. She skidded to a stop, her muscles rippling with power. "Take her with you. She'll alert you of danger and protect you." You said.

"Thanks. Come on Nova!" Markus said.

"Let's go!" You yelled and you split up. Goodluck Markus. Be our hero.

Zane's POV

"GO GO GO!" I shouted. I was trying to get as many people out as possible. Two more androids ran for their lives. I had to find my brothers. I trusted my sister would be safe with Connor. I'd heard Markus' instructions. I knew my sister had done it at that point. I contacted my brothers and older sister.

"EVERYONE! SPREAD OUT! HELP EACH OTHER! WE HAVE TO HELP ANYBODY IN TROUBLE ON THE WAY OUT! MOVE IT!" I ordered.

"ON IT!" They all replied. I hurried to escape. We can do this.

Carl's POV

WHAT AM I GOING TO DO!? I was panicking and I couldn't help anyone! I could hardly help myself! I'd never been on my own for something like this! I have to find the others! 

I ran through halls blindly looking for anybody that could help me. I was more scared than I had ever been. I saw soldiers up ahead. NO! NO! NO! I'M SO DEAD-wait...I look human! I realized. I limped along, faking an injury and looking terrified. I can do this. I told myself.