Chapter 56

It was dark. It was silent. You couldn't move. You tried to move. You tried to speak. You tried to open your eyes. Your body felt like it was hardly even attached to you. It was like you were drifting through the air very, very, slowly. Where am I? Your eyes slowly open. It was bright at first. Then, everything came back all at once. The pain, the sounds, the memories, the screaming, the cold blooded TERROR.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!" You screamed out louder than ever before. Wires constrained you, pricing into your skin. Some had blue liquid in them and others had red liquid. You were in too huge of a petrified state to even try to make sense of what was happening. Sharp and agonizing flashes of pain ripped through your skull and every other part of your body. Your eyes burned as your tried to look anywhere but the blinding light above you. You thrashed and struggled against the wires, but every movement cause more pain. MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!!! You screamed out again. You heard a loud bang. 

"She's just woken up, it's all happening at once. Quick! Pain medicine! We need her to go back to sleep! She needs to adjust! NOW KAMSKI!"

"I'm working on it (L/n)!" You where too afraid to even try and register the voices. You felt a needle go into your neck. You soon felt tired. Very tired. Your eyes closed and your body relaxed involuntarily. Just like that, you were sent back into oblivion.

Connor's POV

3 weeks. It had been 3 agonizing weeks. I was better, but I still couldn't do anything expect think about her. I had gotten better enough to see her. The wires...her skin pale....her eyes still closed...and a smile still missing. I remembered her smile, her bright eyes, her beautiful figure, everything. Even with the scars from the fire she was gorgeous. I missed her so much. I often watched her, even talked to her. It broke my heart. I was losing her and there was nothing I could do. 

I was in her room again. The door was open this time. I didn't bother closing it let alone locking it. What was the point?

Then, I saw Ash and Zane run past. I was confused. Running? Why are they running? What's going on? Wait... I'm on my feet in an instant. I race out of the room and hurry downstairs. Is she-!? There are two ways to finish that question. Two words to pick from. Which one do I pick? Both. Is she dead? Is she awake? I was hopeful, but terrified at the same time. Kent keeps us from going in. Well all wait for his explanation.

"She woke up, but the rush of everything caused her to go into a panic. She didn't know what was happening. She's asleep again, but...she's alive." He said. Her family burst out into celebration. Kent stopped them. "We don't know how she's going to react to her new self though! It could be bad guys. We have to make sure she stays calm, or everything is on the line again." Kent warned. They all nodded.

"Can I see her?" I asked.

"I'm sorry, but no. Nobody can. We have to wait." Kent said. I sat down on the couch. I was relieved, but I was still worried. What was going to happen now?

Humans were beginning to return to the city. Word about everything that happened got out fast thanks to Gavin blabbing to the entire department. Scarlett got hundreds upon hundreds of letters from people all over Detroit that knew any of us. They sent it to her work place because their mailbox wouldn't be even close to big enough.

Gavin had already been put on trail. He got sentenced to life in prison. I didn't really care anymore. As long as he was away from us, what difference would it make? 

Hank visited us often. He never went to see (Y/n), but he did talk to her family and check on me. I was glad he cared about me like that. It did make me feel better. 

Markus and North also visited. They were friends with (Y/n) and I, so they were pretty worried about her too. Markus kept the people of Jericho who were worried about her informed. North sometimes went in to see her. I didn't like seeing her and yet I wanted to see her each time. I hated seeing her like this, but I never wanted to leave her. It was all so much to handle. 

April helped with hooking (Y/n) up to some of the tubes and everything else. She was actually a doctor before the whole thing with Jericho and us winning our freedom. Kent really liked her. I had to admit, she was very pretty and very nice. It was a good choice for himself. They were actually getting together on a less serious basis just to try it out first. I knew they would stay together.

Scarlett was actually engaged now. Sam had done it because he wanted to stay with their family and help them as much as he wanted to stay with Scarlett. Now they were together and they were adopting Nia. Nia was thrilled to be getting parents. She was a very sweet little girl. I approved of her joining the family. 

I hoped (Y/n) would be okay. She was alive, but that was only the first step. What next? What if she doesn't handle it as well as her brothers, and it ends up killing her? What if she can't handle it emotionally and she ends up doing something she'll regret? There were so many ways this could go. I wasn't prepared for any of it. How could I be? I had never known that this was possible let alone how to handle it. Yeah she'd have her brothers, but what if she doesn't listen to them? I'd be the last chance we'd have. With me as the last chance we could possibly have to save her life....I felt like we were in more danger than her family realized.