Who Are You?

"Who are you?" Iron Man asks. I ignore his question and turn to Jami.

"What the hell?! What was in that cupcake?" I ask her.

"I don't know!" she responds. "I think the baker put some drugs in it!"

"What?" Captain America asks. 

"Well these drugs are super fucking strong!!" I yell at her.

"Well, how was I supposed to know?" she counters, crossing her arms over her chest. 

"You knew I thought the baker was creepy!" I shout, placing my hands on my hips.

"Excuse me?" Spider-Man asks. I turn to face him and frown. 

"What do you want Peter?" I ask. He just stares at me. I cover my mouth and look at Jami.

"Hey {Y/N}?" she asks. 

"Yeah?" I reply, hoping I won't get killed by the Avengers for knowing their secrets. 

"I never had a cupcake," she points out. I look at the Avengers, then back at Jami. 

"Holy shit, this is real..." I mumble. I turn back to Spider-Man, who is now whispering something to Iron Man. "Um, e-excuse me?" They both snap their heads in my direction. 

"How do you know his name?" Iron Man asks. I ignore his question again and reach my hand out to Peter. He takes a step back, obviously not trusting me. 

"Please," I beg. Reluctantly, he holds his hand out. I take it, trying to figure out if this is a dream or not. But everything felt so real. Too real. I moved my hand up to his face, still covered by the mask. Slowly, I remove the mask, revealing a stunned Tom Holland. Well, Peter Parker. I touch his cheek and search for any trace of a dream. Everything feels real... Finally, I check the eyes. Every small detail is there. I drop the mask and take a step back.

"How do you know his name?" Tony asks again, more stern this time. 

"It's real," I gasp. "Shit. Oh shit. Shit, shit, shit!"

"What?" Jami asks, placing her hand on my shoulder. I whip my head around to face her. 

"It's real," I repeat. "It's all real. They are really the Avengers. We're not on some crazy drugs. And that boy has Tom Holland's face.

"I made a silly wish but the wish came true and now we're with the Avengers even though they don't really exist and I'm sort of starting to panic because those are the Avengers and... and I'm only fifteen and I think they're going to kill us because I might break the fourth wall whenever I can because that will be absolutely hilarious." 

"Okay crazy," Captain says. "We're taking you two to S.H.E.I.L.D." He takes a step toward us and grabs our arms. I try to think of something that can convince him that we're good. 

"Peggy, this is my choice," I quote. Steve stops and takes a step back. Everyone is silent. Jami catches on to what I'm trying to do. "Peggy?"

"I'm here," Jami joins.

"I'm gonna need a rain check on the dance," I say.

"Alright," Jami says. "A week, next Saturday, at the Stork Club."

"You got it," I reply. 

"Eight o'clock on the dot," Jami quotes. "Don't you dare be late. Understood?"

"You know, I still don't know how to dance," I say. 

"I'll show you how," she whispers. "Just be there." Mine, Jami's, and Steve's eyes are filled with tears.

"We'll have the band play something slow," I say, now making eye contact with Steve. "I'd hate to step on your... The radio cuts out."

"Steve?" Jami quotes, grabbing my hand. "Steve?... Steve?... Peggy Carter kept asking for you. But deep down she knew that you were never going to answer."

"Enough," Steve whispers, his voice shaking.

"Years and years and years later," I continue. "You went to visit her. She was in the hospital, her life lived out."

"Steve?" Jami says.

"Yeah?" I whisper. 

"You're alive!" she says, her tears now spilling. "You... You came... You came back!"

"Yeah Peggy," I say, desperately holding my own tears back. 

"It's been so long," Jami finishes. "So long." Jami and I look to Steve for him to finish the quote.

"Well, I couldn't leave my best girl," He whispers. "Not when she owes me a dance." 

All of the others are silent. Steve stares at us, tears now spilling over onto his cheeks. After he starts, I'm unable to stop my own. 

"I'm so sorry," I choke out. 

"Enough," Steve whispers. He stumbles back to his team.

"We're not from here, Steve," Jami says. "And we need your help."