Tried

Jami's POV...

After {Y/N} passes out, Gamora moves her over to a small couch-like thing and looks at me. 

"You realize I won't let you take my place, right?" she asks. I nod and stare at my unconscious friend... sister? No, no. Friend sounds better. Sister is weird.

Suddenly, I feel the ship come to a stop, signaling our arrival to Knowhere. Something inside of me hurts as I know what Quill is about to suffer. 

"I'm reading movement," Drax says when I walk into the main room of the ship. "From the third quadrant."

"Yeah, I'm picking that up too," Quill agrees as he stares at some weird thing in his hand. He glances at me briefly. "Stay on the ship, Jami."

"But--"

"No buts, you're staying here," he commands. Everyone silently leaves as I cross my arms and sit down on the table. 

Unfortunately for them, I only wait about five seconds before quietly following them out. When I get within hearing range, I stop and try to find a place to see them from.

"I counted on it," I hear Thanos say. His voice sends shivers down my spine. "There's something we need to discuss, little one."

"Thanos!" Drax yells. Just like in the movie, Thanos flicks his hand and messes up the bodies of Mantis and Drax. He grabs Gamora by the neck. I wince and move a little bit closer.

"Let her go, Grimace!" Quill yells, coming out from his place. 

"Peter," Gamora whimpers.

"I told you to go right," Quill tries to keep his voice steady. 

"Now? Really?" Gamora scoffs.

"You let her go!" Quill shouts, aiming his blaster at the head of Thanos.

"Ah, the boyfriend," Thanos taunts. 

"I like to think of myself more as a titan-killing long term booty call," Quill counters. "Let her go."

"Peter," Gamora desperately tries.

"Or I'm gonna blow that nut-sack of a chin right off your face!"

"Not him," Gamora says to Quill. He hesitates but doesn't shoot. "You promised! You promised."

"Oh daughter," Thanos sighs. "You expect too much from him." He turns to Quill, but I step out in sight of everyone. 

"Wait!" I cry. "I can tell you!"

Everyone's heads snap toward me. 

"If you let her go," I revise. I turn my hand into finger guns below my waist and try to signal to Quill. "I'll tell you what you need to know."

"My daughter is not foolish enough to share that information," Thanos states.

"She didn't share it," I reply. "I already knew. In my universe, I saw all of this happen. Just take me instead, and you'll get the same information."

"You're one of the Sephorians?" he asks, to which I nod. "It's too late for that now. I'll come back for you after I'm finished."

Within mere seconds, he's disappeared again, and taken Gamora with him.

"You were supposed to stay on the ship!" Quill shouts at me. "Now Gamora is gone and it's your fault!"

"MY fault?!" I ask, bewildered. "I came out so I could give you the chance to shoot her and save the universe! But you had to be selfish!"

"I am not selfish!"

"Then why didn't you keep your promise?"

"I was going to!"

"It wouldn't have worked! I was trying to save her, but you just messed it up!"

"..."

"Come on, we have to go..." I mumble, trudging back to the hidden ship.