20

Twenty days until my birthday...

Pip was a little scared when we got back home, but now he can't stop running around. He is just the cutest thing ever. AND HIS LEGS ARE SOOOO SMOOOLL!!! But today is a different occasion. I've decided to go through my list and just do things. Today: Belly Button Piercing

I know it's going to hurt, but that doesn't really matter. Mom had a belly button piercing and I always thought it was the coolest thing. My mother promised that when I was sixteen if I wanted to get mine pierced like hers, she would take me. But I basically skipped sixteen and went directly to twenty-one. There's also the fact that my mom is gone sooo... It was out of the question anyway.

I pull up to the Blue Tiki Tattoo. [It's also a piercing place. Fight me] 

As I walk in, the bell rings and everyone inside looks at me.

"Hey," I smile and give them a small wave. I walk over to the counter, giving the woman and the front a Hollywood smile. 

"Hi, how can I help you today?" she asks, not looking up from her computer. 

"I made an appointment for today," I reply.

"{Y/N}?" she asks. "You know, that's the name of a celebrity that lives here."

"Wow, that's crazy. What a small world," I chuckle. 

"Yeah... You can just head over to Joey, the man with red tips," she says pointing to him. 

"Thanks," I smile as I walk off towards the man. Joey smiles when I get over to him.

"Hey!" he says cheerily. "How are you doing today?"

"I'm doing pretty good," I answer. "How about you?"

"Well, it's not every day I get to help a celebrity," he chuckles. "So I'm doing good." 

"I need you to be honest," I say, spinning in the spinny chair thing. "How much is this going to hurt?"

"It'll be sore for a few days," he replies. "But I promise the pain will be worth it." 

"I'm trusting you, Joey," I laugh. When did I get this social? 

"Have you picked out a ring yet?" Joey asks.

"No... But do you think you could choose it?" I ask. "I feel like you'll pick the best one for me."

"Of course I can," he smiles. "Do you want it to be a surprise?" I pause for a second. If I don't like the first one, I'll have to take it out and get a different one. Fuck it.

"Yeah," I nod, closing my eyes and rolling up my shirt. He rustles around for a few minutes before coming back over to me.

"I'm going to mark the spot now," he says. Almost seconds after he says that, I feel something cold touch my skin right above my belly button. "Okay... It's going to hurt a little. Are you ready?" [I can't write it any other way without it sounding sexual...] I take a deep breath.

"Yeah. I'm ready," I nod my head. I feel the cold metal of the needle touching my skin.

"On one," he lets out a long breath. "Three... Two--" The needle pierces through my skin and I gasp. My fists are clenched so hard that my fingernails are digging into my hands. "Almost done."

A different piece of metal slips through the opening before I feel his hands disappear completely. One last time, Joey places his hands on my stomach and screws a cap thing onto the metal piece still in my skin. 

[This whole thing just sounds sexual. UGH]

"Okay... Open your eyes," Joey says. I look down at the mirror he holds at just the right angle for me to see the jewel. 

"Joey!" I gasp. "This is amazing!" 

"You like it?" he asks, hope shimmering in his bright green eyes

"I love it! Thank you so much!" I gush, sitting up and pulling him into a hug. 

That's just one more thing off of the list...

[Again, no pic of Tom. Just give me a little time.]