Small Talk

I know what you're thinking. But no, Author-Chan didn't put this picture up there because of Tom Holland's fabulous build. Author-Chan put it up because of that sweet looking basketball. *wink with both eyes*

"They're lying, right?" Sam asks. 

"No, Sam," Jami answers for Steve. "We're not." Steve nods and stares at us. 

"We know much more too!" I chime in, wiping the tears from my face. "About all of you! Just please, let us prove it." They all look at each other, not knowing what to say.

"Let's take them to the tower," Thor says. His voice is way deeper than I remember. Weird.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Peter's POV...

I'm practically an Avenger now. I mean, if I wasn't, why would they call me to missions almost every day? They wouldn't! I'm getting more and more time in the field every mission. Sure I'm missing school, but I'm an Avenger! 

Today's mission was going as usual. Finding Hydra agents, kicking their butts and giving them to S.H.E.I.L.D. I swing over to a large pile of rubble, checking to make sure we got everyone. Iron Man follows me and lands loudly on the gravel. Out of nowhere, a hidden agent starts shooting at Tony, so I shoot my webs at his gun, rendering it useless. Mr. Stark goes to deal with the agent.

"Hello?" A faint voice asks. It sounds like it's coming from the rubble. I push a large rock out of the way, shining light into the dark cave. 

"Is anyone in there?" I ask into the darkness. Something shifts.

"Y-Yeah!" A voice answers. It sounds like a girl. "My friend and I are trapped!" 

"Okay, um, hold on to your friend!" I instruct, hoping I'll get them out in one piece. I shoot a web into the darkness and hit something hard, but not concrete. Jerking my hand forward, I pull the object toward me. Two girls end up on the ground in front of my feet. Their arms are linked as if they were holding on for dear life.

"I found someone!" I say, turning to Iron Man.

"Careful," He replies. "It could be Hydra agents." I nod and look back to the girls. The rest of the Avengers join us, wondering what we're staring at. The girls push themselves up, trying to see who we are. The girl on the right recognizes us first and punches the other in the arm. The one on the left looks at us, her eyes widening at the sight.

"Oh... shit," she whispers.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

{Y/N}'s POV...

Jami and I are led to a large black limo. We step in first and go all the way to the back, not believing the past five minutes of our lives. Everyone else joins. I note everyone there and tell Jami.

"Thor," I start. "Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, Black Widow, Wanda, Hawkeye, Spider-Man, Ant-Man, Sam, and Bucky Barnes."

"Wow..." Jami sighs. "This is a nice car." I slap her arm at the stupid joke.

"Not the time," I scold, making a weird face that causes her to laugh. "Wait... Slap me. Maybe we can wake up from pain. Like pinching, but harder." Without hesitation, Jami back-hand slaps me across the face. I do the same to her, and it just goes back and forth. 

Everyone else is busy in their own conversation and I'm only able to hear Ant-Man's and Spider-Man's.

"Do you think they're okay?" Scott asks. I feel Tom's-- Peter's gaze on us. My face is now red from two things, Jami's hand, and Peter staring at me.

"I think they're in shock," Peter whispers. Fair enough. "Where do you think they came from?"

"I don't really know," Scott answers honestly. "But maybe we can get them back."

Every time we slap each other, we say the same thing.

"Wake up," we repeat. "Wake up.  Wake up.  Wake up.  Wake up."

Time passed pretty fast seeing as we arrived at our destination. 

"You girls," Tony says pointing to us. "You out first." We crawl through the car and eventually make it outside. The guards clasp heavy metal handcuffs around our wrists. Our hands just dangle in front of us.

"That's fair," Jami and I say at the same time. We look at each other and laugh. The guards lead us to an elevator. We step in and ride up to the twenty-seventh floor. 

"So tall," I murmur. The doors slide open, and the guards take us to a room. They open a door for us and we step in. After a few minutes and just standing, Jami and I sit down in the middle of the room. 

"Pattycake?" Jami suggests. I beam and turn to completely face her.

"Pattycake, pattycake, baker's man," we say in unison. "Bake me a cake as fast as you can! Roll--" We get about halfway through the rhyme when the Avengers walk in.

"Hello," I greet. They don't say anything. "Okay, rude." 

"Aren't you going to--" Tony cuts Jami off. I frown at him.

"Record this, Friday," he says. "What are your names?"

"I'm {Y/N} {L/N}," I answer.

"Jami Cours," she says.

"Okay," Tony sighs. "We're going to ask you a few questions. You ready?" We both nod excitedly.