Now I'm The Bad Guy

I quickly take my hand back and turn to Father. He's already stepped back into his suit and picks me up. 

"I do want to tell you, Peter..." I say. "But now isn't the right time."

We fly back down to the others, and I once again see Wiz Lord moving his head around.

"Strange, we alright?" Father asks as he sets me down. The magic man seems to snap out of it as he leans forward and lets out a cry. "You're back, you're alright, hi."

"Hey, what was that?" Little Peter asks. 

"I went forward in time..." Wizzer pants. "To view alternate futures. To see all the possible outcomes of the coming conflict."

"How many did you see?" Quill asks.

"15,687,980," he answers. 

"How many did we win?" Father asks. No one says anything for a while.

"Two," he replies. 

"What? No," I say. "There's supposed to be a long dramatic pause before you say 'One'. What do you mean two?"

"I mean, I saw two futures where we win," he sighs. 

Jami covers her mouth, looking as if she's about to throw up.

"Oh God, Gamora," she whimpers while closing her eyes. "Shit."

She kneels down, now grabbing her stomach instead. I have no idea what she's talking about.

"What about Gamora?" Quill asks, sinking to his knees in front of her. "Is she okay?" 

Then I remember. This is the part where the movie cuts to Vormir. Where the Soul Stone is kept. Where Thanos sacrifices Gamora.

I cover my mouth and whimper. 

"Quill--"

"What happens to her?"

"I need to tell you something," I try to calm him as he walks toward me. "Alone."

"But you--"

"Dammit, Quill! Listen to me!" I slap him hard across the face. "We need to talk." I drag him away, but before I get completely out of sight, I lean next to Jami.

"Take Quill's place in the fight," I whisper. "I'll keep him occupied." She nods and wipes her face free from the tears.

"Good luck," she smiles. I continue walking with Quill until we're far enough away from the others.

I take a deep breath as I turn to look at the confused hero. My hands go behind my back and I concentrate on all of his weapons, excluding his signature blaster. As I use the floaty mind power thing, I begin to talk.

"You love Gamora," I state. "More than anything else. She is someone you can't live without. While I also love her, and I don't want this, I can't let you ruin the plan." My hands twist and I slowly move the weapons from his belt to the ground a couple yards behind him. "Right now, like as we speak, Gamora is on Vormir. That's where the Soul Stone was hidden. The only reason she told him was that... he was torturing Nebula. They're climbing the mountain and..."

"Just say it," he smiles. "It's probably nothing."

"It's everything, Quill," I take my hood off and try to communicate without words. 

"What?"

"The Soul Stone," I breathe. "To make sure whoever possesses it understands the power... it needs a sacrifice."

"Sacri..." he whispers.

"In order to take the stone," I continue. "The seeker must lose something they love. A soul... for a soul."

"No," he denies.

"I'm sorry," I say, tears blurring my vision. "I really want to tell you it's not true, but it is. Thanos ki--"

I'm cut off my something hot and painful making contact with the right side of my abdomen. My body is flying back as the pain intensifies. I look down and see a large burn mark through my jacket. 

Unfortunately, I land a few yards away from everyone else. I move my hand to touch the burn, but the second skin touches skin, I hiss in pain and pull my hand back. My eyes focus on Quill flying toward me, his last blaster aimed at me. 

"{Y/N}!" Jami shouts, running toward me. I throw my hand out in her direction, causing her to stop immediately. She turns her head to Quill. "What the hell, Quill?!"

I shakily stand and send him glares.

"You want me to be the bad guy?" I spit out some blood on the swirling dirt. "Fine. Now I'm the bad guy..."