Off

Your POV...

Stupid 

Stupid

Stupid

Why am I so stupid? Trying to take on Quill was a stupid idea. He's half-celestial for fuck's sake! I'm just a kid that's barely dodging his attacks. 

Suddenly, I feel something burning in the center of my chest. He finally managed to hit me. I stumble around before falling to my hands and knees. Out of the corner of my eye, I'm able to spot the rest of them fighting Thanos. 

I swear to Thor, if they lose, I'll kill them before the grape can even blink.

"Not so tough now, huh?" Quill stands over my body. "I'm not even finished."

"Take-- Take my hand-- P-Peter," I cough, blood trickling out of my mouth.

"What?" he asks, taking a step back. "What did you just say?" I struggle to breathe as I stand and hold my hand out to him. 

"Take my-- my hand," I repeat. He doesn't move, just stares at me as I inch closer. I place my hand on his forehead, pictures flashing quickly by. 

I no longer feel the pain from blasts but from his emotions. It's almost as if I'm living in his body. I hear his mother's sweet voice as she begs him to take her hand. I watch his only father figure die after saving him. I cry as Gamora is taken away. 

Then something strange happens. I begin to see pictures of things that haven't happened yet. I see myself taking on the full power of the gauntlet. I see Gamora tightly gripping his hand. I watch as his children grow up, he has three. And finally, I watch as they both hold each other in their old, broken down home. The sun shines through the window as they take their final breaths together.

We both pull back and I try to focus on remaining angry. I smile at him, holding my side.

"Stay here," I say hoarsely. "Please."

Despite all of the pain, I turn and sprint toward the others, who have the purple titan down and are trying to pull off the gauntlet. I'm almost there...

[I was going to torture you and make this next part separate, but the first part was too short. You're welcome]

Jami's POV...

I sit in my hiding spot, readying myself for the possible damage to come. 

"Oh, yeah," I hear Strange say. "You're much more of a Thanos."

"I take it the Maw is dead," Thanos says, his deep voice sending shivers down my spine. "Still, he accomplished his mission."

"You may regret that," Strange counters. "He brought you face-to-face with a Master of The Mystic Arts."

"And where do you think he brought you?" the giant man asks.

"Let me guess, your home?" Strange sighs.

"It was," he answers, clenching his fist and changing my surroundings. "And it was beautiful."

All of those spicy memes begin to replay in my head, forcing me to stifle a chuckle. They continue talking while I tune out and begin to think of random things. Like tacos. I'd kill for a taco right about now.

"I think you'll find our will equal to yours," Strange smirks. I stand at the ready as everyone slowly moves forward.

"Our?" Thanos asks. 

Father flies out of his hiding places and shoots several missiles at the Titan. I fly up above the rest of the team. 

"Piece of cake," Father laughs.

"Only if your goal was to piss him off," I spit, trying to quote Quill. We begin to fight like our lives depend on it, cause they do. 

I do the exact same thing as Quill did in the movie. I even give Thanos the finger and say, "Boom!" as I jump back into a portal.

"Don't let him close his fist!" Father shouts. On cue, the loyal blanket flies between his palm and his fingers. 

Suddenly, Peter flies through a portal.

"Magic!"

"More magic!"

"Magic with a kick!"

"Magic with a--" Thanos grabs him by the throat.

"Insect," he spits, throwing Peter off to the side. A ship suddenly flies in as we fight, Nebula hopping out of it.

"Well, well," Thanos mutters.

"You should've killed me."

"It would've been a waste of parts," Thanos taunts, pissing her off as she joins us. Blah, blah, blah, the fight goes on.

"WHERE IS GAMORA!" she screams. 

Strange steps in and uses some sort of long spell to hold Thanos's right hand and Drax pins his right knee to the ground. Peter webs his side and Father begins to try and pull off the glove. Mantis jumps down onto his shoulders and places her hands on his temples. Thanos screams out in pain as we all try to hold him down.

"Is he under? Don't let up," Father instructs.

"Be quick," she pleads. "He is very strong."

"Parker, help," Father demands as he struggles to remove the gauntlet. "She can't hold him much longer. Let's go!" I run over too and help them pull it off. After agonizing seconds of the three of us pulling it off, everyone screams as it finally releases its grip. Thanos falls to the side, but the gauntlet goes flying into the air.

Everyone just stares at it as it falls in almost slow motion. But in seconds, it's on the hand of someone I never thought could handle it.