Distracted

I'm not saying it happens in this chapter, but eventually, there will be Infinity War spoilers. So I recommend you watch it as soon as possible...

{Y/N}'s POV...

I wake up the next morning, practically starving. I rub my head and sit up. This bed is so comfy. I'd be fine laying here forever. But I know I can't, so I stand up and walk over to the closet. When I open the doors, I'm met with the most clothing I've ever seen at one time. 

"FRIDAY?" I ask, hoping she'll respond.

"Good morning {Y/N}," she says. I smile to myself.

"Is all of this for me?" I ask. 

"Of course," she states. I walk into the closet, unsure of what I'll pick, but eventually, I decide on something sweet and simple. A grey tank covered by an unbuttoned, plaid, red, long-sleeve shirt. Black leggings and white converse. I brush my hair back into a simple high ponytail and admire my work.

I look at the window, walking slowly toward it. The view is wonderful, something I won't see when I get home. Then a thought wanders into my mind. I start to panic and look around for something that isn't there.

"FRIDAY!" I yell. "What day is it?" 

"Today is the twenty-fifth of March, two-thousand-seventeen," she answers. I take a few steps back before I hit the wall. Sinking down, I cover my face with my hands. My head rests on my knees, and I whimper. Why didn't I notice it before? I was born in the summer! I can't go to school in the summer! I'm in the past of some sort.

Someone knocks on my door. I mumble a small 'Come in' but don't move at all. The door opens, but I don't look up to see who it is. 

"{Y/N}?" I hear Jami's voice ask. I still don't move. "What's wrong?" Finally, I look up and meet her eyes.

"Do you know what day it is?" I ask. 

"July nineteenth," she answers.

"Then why would we be going to school?" I ask, standing up. Her face sinks as she realizes what I'm saying. "Jami... Today is March twenty-fifth, twenty-seventeen. We've gone back in time." I grab her hand and rub it with my thumb.

"What are we going to do?" I mumble. 

There's another knock on the door. We walk over to it and let it open. Tony Stark stands there holding two matching bookbags. I smile at him.

"This is all you'll need," he says. "Now go eat, Happy will take you to school in half an hour." We each take one bag and thank him silently. Tony walks away, leaving Jami and me to remember where the dining room was located. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

When we step outside of the tower, a black car is waiting outside. We open the door and slide in. 

"Hi, Happy," I whisper. 

"Hey," he mumbles back. The car ride to school is completely silent. Probably the most awkward ride in history. When we arrive, we get out and Happy drives off without another word. Never having been to this school, neither of us know where to go. That is until we hear someone call our names. 

"{Y/N}! Jami!" they yell. We turn to see Peter Parker waving us over. I just stand there, not sure how to handle this. But Jami, being extremely optimistic, drags me over. 

"Hi, Peter!" Jami greets once we reach him. They start a normal conversation, talking about random things. I don't join, still a little shakey from this morning. It isn't even the fact that we went back in time. It's because I know he's coming soon. I don't know exactly when, but I definitely know it's happening soon. I haven't seen the movie yet but--

"{Y/N}!" someone yells, snapping me out of my daze. I look over to Jami and Peter, both wearing a worried expression.

"Hm?" I murmur. 

"We've called your name five times," Peter states. "Are you okay?" 

"What? Oh... yeah," I mumble. "I'm fine." Jami rolls her eyes and links arms with Peter. 

"C'mon!" she squeals. "Let's go! Link your arm with {Y/N}'s, Peter." Smiling, he turns to me and stretches his arm out. I smile and take his arm in mine. 

"Ready?" Peter asks me.

"As I'll ever be..." I answer. Here we go...