Mind Tricks

I wake up in a cell, not like the ones in prisons today, but like prisons in medieval times. Old fashion handcuffs and everything. I can't even do anything because my hands are cuffed behind my back to a cold metal pole. Why does it smell like corpses? I can't even breathe through my mouth without gagging. It's like I'm breathing in the charred flesh a week old corpse. Very specific, I know. 

The cuffs cut into wrists after being tightened too far. Blood trickles down my hands. Will this permanently stain my skin? I don't think it will, but how would I explain the stains if it did? I guess my outfit is one-hundred percent ruined. 

My previously white converse is now a grey-black color, mixed with scarlet due to the blood puddle from my wounds. Holes rip through my leggings, exposing the skin of my knees, which is also dripping blood, by the way. My plaid red unbuttoned shirt is torn and exposing my shoulders. One sleeve is just completely missing! The grey tank top I had on has multiple holes, exposing some pretty painful gashes in my stomach.

I tilt my head back and rest it on the cold metal pole. What have I gotten myself into? And how long have I been here? Wait... Maybe none of that Avengers stuff actually happened, and now this is what actually happened after the cafe blasted us. I look around for any sign of Jami.

"Hello?" I ask, my voice hoarse. Footsteps echo in the dark hall in front of me. Metal clanks against the hard concrete. I squint to try and see the owner of those feet but to no avail. 

"You're awake," a deep, dry voice says. The person stops just barely out of sight. "My name is Mr. Demin, but you can call me Gerald. I need to ask you some... questions. If you don't answer correctly, I'll just help you a bit. And the Avengers would be so disappointed if you tried to lie." So it wasn't a dream. 

"Can I at least see your face?" I ask in a raspy, tired voice. The man chuckles and steps into the dim light. He has black wiry hair and piercing green eyes. His smile is crooked and doesn't quite fit his face. 

"What do you know about Mr. Parker?" he asks while holding a clipboard. Unwilling to beak the fourth wall, I refuse to tell him the truth.

"Which one?" I fake. 

"Peter Parker," he fills. I click my tongue and pretend to think.

"I can't say I've ever heard that name," I lie. Gerald smiles and presses something on the clipboard. Suddenly, my entire body is filled with more electricity than it can handle. A scream escapes my lips. Once Gerald takes his hand off of the clipboard, the pain stops. 

"Try again," he suggests. I take a deep breath and shake my head.

"I don't know who he is," I lie again. More electricity. "I don't-" Pain. "Know." Pain. "Stop!" Pain. "Please!" Pain. "I'll never tell you!" Paaaaaaaaaaaaaain.

"Oh yes, you will," he counters. Gerald steps to the right and reveals a small boy sitting in a cage. He's extremely pale. Like, never seen the sun pale. His eyes are a very light blue, almost white even. He has rags for clothes and scars cover his frail body. I whimper at the sight.

"What did you do to him?" I ask, tears stinging my eyes. Gerald looks at the boy as if he is the greatest treasure in the world. 

"I didn't do anything to Doll here," Gerald explains. "But he can do amazing things. Why don't you show her Doll?" The boy, Doll, shifts his gaze over to me. He lifts his hands and moves them around a bit, a white light surrounding them. It looks exactly like Wanda's power, but white. Doll suddenly thrusts his hands toward me. 

I gasp as I'm hit with the light and close my eyes. But when I open them,  I see Peter and Jami sitting on a couch in the tower. They don't notice me when I run over. Peter takes Jami's hand and leans closer to her. 

"I love you," he whispers. Jami smiles and closes the gap between them. I bite my lip and turn away. Someone taps my shoulder, but I don't turn around, afraid of what I might see. The person laughs and walks in front of me. Peter. 

"Hey," I mumble. 

"I was joking," he chuckles, placing his hands on my hips. Peter traces circles on my side, but I push him away.

"Stop," I whisper. He does as I say, but instead grabs my face and kisses me. I hesitate but eventually kiss back. 

I try to wrap my arms around his neck, but my arms are bound behind me. I blink a few times until the haze fades. Gerald roughly holds my face in his hands and sloppily kisses me. I jerk my head to the side. 

"What's wrong {Y/N}?" Gerald asks planting kisses on my jawline. 

"You tricked me," I spit. Gerald stops and pulls back. He looks back at Doll, who is now curled up in a little ball, rocking back and forth.

"You couldn't keep it up longer?" he accuses Doll. Gerald looks back to me and smiles. He slides his tongue along the left side of my face, leaving the saliva behind. I internally gag and remind myself to shower a hundred times when I get back. "I'll be back." 

This is by far the weirdest thing that has ever happened to me.