41

Forty-one days until my birthday.

Jami, Evans, and I all walk into Gold Star. I plan to keep one of my coneys fresh and have it for Peter in case... If we aren't able to save them. The smell of their one-of-a-kind cheese filling us with a warm hum. When we go up to the cashier, her jaw drops.

"Oh- Um, Hi! I mean, what can I get you today?" she stammers. 

"Hi!" I cheerily greet. "Could I get five cheese coneys and a large Pepsi?" She nods and looks to Jami.

"Hey, can I get two cheese coneys and s medium chocolate milk?" she asks. Again, she cashier nods. Now she looks at Chris. She tilts her head up to see him properly.

"Just a caesar salad for me, please," he smiles. The cashier types our order into the machine and we see our list pop up on the screen behind her.

"I would know that order anywhere!" A man's voice says. I look behind the lady and see a middle-aged man staring at the screen. No. Frickin. Way. [Watch yo profamity]

"Donovan?" Jami and I ask at the same time. The man turns around, facing us with those familiar comforting eyes.

"Sweeties," he sighs. We jump over the counter and pull him into a hug. When I pull out, I study his face.

"You've got another speck in your left eye," I whisper. 

"And you've gotten famous," he chuckles. "Is that your friend?" He tips his head toward Evans.

"Yeah. Chris Evans, but you can call him Evans," Jami introduces. 

"Howdy! I'm Donovan, but you can call me Dono," he cheerily greets. Evans just smiles and nods. "Well, I'll get your order ready. We can chat later."

"Sounds great!" I say. Jami and I jump back over the counter and walk towards an empty booth. This really is the best. Does Peter have Gold Star? I mean, he has Cincinnati so he has to. But maybe he's never tried it. Hmm. 

A/N: In case you didn't already figure this out, Gold Star is a restaurant. It's only in three states, but I think Cincinnati Gold Stars are the best. You should totally go check it out cause the food is amazing. No promo tho