A Little About Him

"Could you tell me more about Thanos?" Peter asks when I get to school the next morning. This takes me by surprise. Why would he want to know more?

"Um, sure? What do you want to know?" I ask. 

"Everything," he states. He sounds really serious about all of this. 

"So he's this really bad guy," I start. "He believes that everything needs to be balanced, and in order for the universe to be balanced, half of all life must die. But he can only kill half the universe if he has all six infinity stones. The Time Stone, Power Stone, Space Stone, Reality Stone, Soul Stone, and Mind Stone. The Time Stone is in Doctor Strange's necklace thingy, the Power Stone is with Nova Corps, the Space Stone is in the Tesseract, the Reality Stone is with the collector, I don't know where the Soul Stone is, and the Mind Stone is in Vision's head. If Thanos is able to obtain all of these gems, he will be almost unstoppable. He's using this thing called an Infinity Gauntlet to collect them all. He will stop at nothing to get what he wants, and it's up to the heroes of the universe to defeat him."

"Wow..." he whispers. "So he's going to potentially annihilate half of all life everywhere?"

"Yeah," I answer. 

"How? Is he just going to think it, and then it'll happen?" he asks.

"He'll do it with the snap of his fingers," I say. "But I'm sure the heroes will stop him, so there's nothing to worry about."

"How big is he?" he asks.

"That's what she said," I giggle. "But, he's bigger than Hulk. Way bigger, and purple too."

"Really?" he asks, sounding worried. 

"Yeah, but I'm sure everything will be fine. The heroes will stop him," I assure.

"Heroes?" Peter repeats. "As in, more than the Avengers?"

"Yep. There are the Guardians of the Galaxy too," I say. "You'll probably meet them."

"So Thanos could kill you with one hit," he says.

"Definitely," I agree. "Now let's get to class. I don't want to be late."