The Little Surprise

"Good news!" Tony yells bursting through the door. "They're letting you out today! So get up and dressed and ready to go!" He seems unusually cheery. Even though I'm still tired, I do as I'm told. Jami bought me some clothes so at least I won't be wearing a gown out in public. Unless this is like, a Stark private hospital thing. Maybe, I don't really know. 

My outfit is simple: Dark grey hoodie, a light grey beanie, black leggings, and white converse. All of the cuts are, thankfully, covered. I mean, they're bandaged, but I'm more comfortable now that cloth is covering the reminder of what happened. 

I walk out of the room and see Happy. As if he knew I was there, he looks up and smiles. What does it mean when he smiles? Is Happy ever actually happy? He leads me down to the checkout in the lobby. There are no words as we leave the hospital, get in the car, or arrive back at the tower. 

"{Y/N}!" Jami yells when she sees me. She tackles me, only causing a bit of pain, as I enter the building. I look around the tower, a little bit confused.

"Didn't they move to the new Avengers facility?" I ask. She just shrugs and continues to squeeze the life out of me. I hug her back just so she'll let me breathe. 

"Come with me," she says taking my hand and leading me over to the elevator. We go up to the top floor, and she takes me over to my own room. She covers my eyes when we go in, so I'm guessing there's some sort of surprise. 

"If I turn into a human pinata again, you're dead," I laugh. Someone else also laughs, but it isn't Jami. "Peter?" Jami uncovers my eyes but the sudden light is painful, so I blink a few times. Once my eyes finally decide to focus, I see Peter sitting on my bed holding two boxes. 

"Tada!" Jami exclaims. I giggle and turn to her.

"What is this?" I ask. 

"Well," she starts. "You never got to celebrate your birthday, so Peter and I are giving you a do-over. Since it's Saturday, we'll be watching Disney movies the entire time. And we each got you a gift!" We both go over to the bed and sit on either side of Peter. 

"Me first!" Jami yells, handing me a fairly-sized box. I slowly peel the paper off, but I stop when I see the cardboard.

"This isn't going to kill me, right?" I ask skeptically. They both laugh and shake their heads. 

"Peter convinced me that killing you was a bad idea," she laughs. I thank Peter and continue opening the gift. When I finally get it open, which to about five minutes, I see the stupidest thing. Jami smiles, but Peter is just confused. I take out the gift to show him.

"Ramen packets?" he asks confused. I turn the packet so he can see the label. Ducktape covers the logo and written in sharpie is the word "Simean" He just looks at the packet, still confused.

"Until like, two years ago," I explain. "I used to call ramen 'simean' because that's what my parents told me it was called. I didn't even know it was actually called ramen." 

"Okay?" Peter says, but it's more like a question. "Anyway, now it's my turn!" He hands me a small box, the size of my palm. But what's inside made me the happiest person on earth. At least on this one...

Cliffhanger bitches.