44

Forty-four days until my birthday.

Jami and I are already back home. Not really home, per say, more like our house. Home is where the heart is and my heart is technically dead. So that kind of sucks.

My phone rings and I pick it up. 

"Evans!" 

"Why don't you just call me Chris?"

"Because there's three of you."

"Okay, that's fair."

"What did you want?"

"Weeeeelllllll--"

"What did you do?"

"What? Nothing!"

"Evans."

"Okay, so I sort of told Tom that you were going 

to Queens and that he could meet you there in a week."

"And why would you do that?"

"Because I'm like your father

 and you need to get a boyfriend."

"I already have a boyfriend."

"Wait, what? Who?"

"Peter."

"Peter who?"

"Peter Parker, dumbass."

"He's not real."

"Where are you right now?"

"Your front door."

"What the fu--" 

On cue, the doorbell rings as Chris hangs up the phone. I stomp over to the door and open it, revealing a giddy Chris Evans.

"What did you say about my boyfriend?" I ask, crossing my arms. 

"He's not real?" he repeats, but more in a question form.

"And why would you say that?" I ask, tilting my head to the side.

"Because it's true?" he says, again in question form. 

"Aaaaand, we're done here," I flash a fake smile and begin to close the door.

"I've got a bribe!" he shouts before the door completely closes. 

"I'm listening..." I say. 

"Gold Star," he simply says. I open the door completely now, staring at him with wide, hopeful eyes.

"Seriously?" I ask. 

"Of course," he smirks. "But only if you tell the press that you've got a boyfriend."

"Deal!" I shout. "When do we leave?"

"How does an hour sound?" he suggests.

"Perfect. I'll go get packed," I say, pulling him into the house. I slam the door shut and sprint to my room. I come back thirty minutes later, bags packed an ready to go. 

"That didn't take nearly as long as I thought," he chuckles. I roll my eyes and shove him out of the door. 

"Hey {Y/N}! I was wonder-- Whaaaaat are you doing?" Jami asks behind me.

"Nothing... Just going to Queens," I answer, trying to get Evans to move. But he doesn't budge. He just stands there laughing.

"Since when were you going to Queens?" she asks, crossing her arms.

"Since Evans bribed me. Now could you please help me?" I ask while utterly failing to move him.

"Can I come?" she asks, slowly walking towards us.

"Of course. Now get over here!" I shout.

"Can't. I have to pack. See you ten minutes!" she coos, walking out of the foyer. Well, damn. That was helpful. 

I stop trying to push Evans. 

"I've never been to your actual house before. Mind giving me a tour?" he asks.

"Sure," I shrug.