The Doll's Demise

I'm jolted awake and met by two disgusting green eyes. Once again, I see Doll behind the crazy man, moving his hands and getting ready to mess with me. 

"Not again," I whimper. "Please." Gerald looks down at my chapped lips. He presses his tongue onto my lips and tries to shove the slimy thing into my mouth. I'm not that desperate. He growls and snaps his fingers. Doll thrusts his hands, but not toward me. This time, toward Gerald. With one finger, he unlocks my handcuffs. It seems Gerald is unable to move, so I stand and limp over to Doll. 

"Come with me," I whisper. Doll smiles and shakes his head. 

"I'm sorry," he says in a sweet voice. I feel tears threatening to spill, but Doll shakes his head again. "I couldn't leave my family." That just does it. I look for the closest weapon, which happens to be a knife in Gerald's hands. I pry it from him and tell Doll to release the trance. Gerald falls to his knees and looks up at me. I hold the knife above my head. 

Right as I plunge the deadly object into the madman's heart, the roof is blasted and falls on Doll's small body. I turn and scream, dropping the knife and going over to the rubble.

Dust stings my eyes and causes me to squint. My legs give out and I fall on the sharp rocks. Ignoring the pain, I dig through the pile until I see a small hand. I whimper and softly take it into my own. It's still warm, causing the stupid tears to streak my stained face. I lean my head down and touch the hand to my head. 

"I'm sorry," I whisper, my voice wavering. "I'm so, so sorry. Doll... I'm so sorry!" I'm suddenly lifted off of the rubble. I try to reach back when I drop the small hand. Kicking and screaming, I struggle to get out of the hold of my captor.

"Calm down," A voice says, but I ignore it. 

"No!" I scream. "Doll! Please! Let me go! No, Doll!" Again, I reach for the now receding pile of concrete. Once the building is out of site, I give up on getting out of the person's grasp. It's just a trance. A stupid mind trick, that's all. It'll end soon. Maybe if I... Close my... eyes...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I slowly open my eyes to see that I'm strapped to a table. When I look down at my hands, I see that there are now bandages around the cuts from the old cuffs. I'm now in new, soft, loose cuffs. They're not loose enough to me to slide my hands out, but they are a great upgrade.

No. This isn't real. It's all in my head. Gerald is just using Doll again. Just like the times when he tried to get information out of me. This is just his stupid, twisted game. There's no way I can be here. It's a mind trick. Snap out of it. 

A door opens, making me snap my head up to see the person. It looks like Tony Stark. 

"Hey {Y/N}," he says smoothly. I glare at him and find the bounds.

"Stop!" I shout. He looks surprised at my outburst. "Get out of my head!" 

"I don't know-" I cut him off.

"Yes you do, Gerald!" I scream, hot tears rolling down my face. "Just stop with the mind tricks! Let Doll go, please..." My voice cracks on the last word.

"{Y/N}," Tony whispers. "Gerald can't hurt you anymore... It's me, Tony." He places his hand gently on my cheek. It doesn't smell like Gerald. In the first hallucination, Peter didn't smell like he did when I first hugged him. It smelled more like spoiled milk. But this smells like a new car. 

Still, I wince at the touch. I don't want to be hurt anymore. This was already going too far. I jerk my head the other way.

"Enough!" I shout. "Please, Doll. Drop the trance." He pulls his hand away and sighs. A vivid memory of Doll's face before the ceiling exploded pops into my mind. He looked so at peace. Totally content with his fate. It was almost as if he wanted to die. What if he did? Maybe he is dead. Is this a hallucination?

"I'm real," Tony whispers. "If only you could see." 

"His eyes," I say. Another thing I remember from the first trance, Peter's eyes weren't right. If this is real, and Doll isn't using any mind tricks, then his eyes will have every small detail. I guess Tony understands because he exits the door and in just a few seconds, Peter takes his place. 

My right cuff is unlocked. Peter cautiously walks toward me and I reach my hand up to his face. I rub his cheek with my thumb before finally meeting his eyes. When I search, I find everything I could possibly look for. Tears now run down my face, causing Peter to frown. I look away, not wanting to scare him. He takes a step back, causing my hand to drop.

"Was it not right?" he asks. I laugh and look back at him.

"It was perfect," I say. "I'm only crying because I missed your stupid cute eyes." On cue, the other cuff unlocks and I jump into Peter's arms. I cry into his shoulder and he wraps his arms around me, rocking me back and forth. I take in his scent: Fresh Pine with Homemade Cookies. Honestly the best smell ever.

"I'm sorry," he whispers. "I should've listened when I thought I heard you. This is all my fault. I'm so sorry." Now I can feel his own tears dampening my shirt. I pull back and wipe the tears from his face. 

"Don't ever say that again," I demand. "You had no clue what would happen. And it's not like I said anything loud. This is not your fault, so don't ever say it is." He smiles and rests his forehead on mine.

"You could've died," he whispers. I giggle and take his hand in mine.

"That'll be a story to tell my family," I laugh. "Maybe not my past family... But my future family."