Hey Sunshine

Your POV...

I drop and open my eyes, finding myself on the roof of Peter's apartmet once again. The cool afternoon wind twirls my hair. The streets below are filled with regular people, unknowingly walking below the strongest being in the universe.

"Hey sunshine," A voice says behind me. "You come here often?"

I turn with teary eyes to face the red-masked man and sprint over to him, crashing into his chest and wrapping my arms around his torso. My tears darken the red suit as I sob against his chest.

"It hurts," I cry. His hand runs down my silky hair. "Make it stop... Please... I don't want to hurt anymore."

"I know..." He replies. "Promises are the worst wounds."

"What am I going to do?"

"Look at me," he commands. Slowly, I raise my gaze to his uncovered, scar-covered face. He smiles at me. "You need to get some waterproof mascara." I laugh and wipe some of the tears away.

"Well... What do I do now? There's nothing really here for me," I whimper. "Peter was the only thing I had left."

"He made you cry," Deadpool frowns. He lifts my chin up, forcing me to look at him. "But not much longer. In this entirely messed up universe, you are the best thing I can think of."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm taking you to the tower," He states, ignoring my question. Within five minutes, I'm back in my room. Literally, nothing has changed. My bookbag is still sitting in the same spot. Wade carefully sets me onto the bed. 

"Am I gonna die?" I ask quietly. 

"Not yet, no," he answers. "But-- Nevermind. Everyone dies."

"Will I wake up?" I look up at him as I pull the covers over me. 

"Eventually."

"Do I have to hurt?" I whimper, still in the heartbroken form. The gauntlet weighs down on my arm. "Can you take this thing off? I-I don't--" He easily pulls it off of my hand and sets it on the side. The pain from everything hits me so hard that I have to lay back.

"Don't wake up so fast," he says, smiling down at me. "Dream until you forget."

"A-And what's th-that sup-supposed to m-mean," I stutter, trying to hold the cries in.

"You'll figure it out soon enough," he whispers. "They'll see you asleep in about thirty minutes, so I'll put up a Do-Not-Disturb sign on your door."

"Th-Thanks," I wince.

I guess I have to forget...