Captain

Your POV...

I pump my legs, sprinting as fast as I can towards the falling gauntlet. My burning lungs beg me to stop, but I run even faster. As everyone watches the glittering glove, I leap at just the right time so it lands on my left hand.

I let out a bloody murder scream as I feel the power from the stones surging through my veins. Now, all I feel is pain and strength. Almost like magic, the gauntlet conforms to fit my significantly smaller hand. The pain subsides and I look up at the mad titan collapsed on the red dirt.

"The power of the gauntlet is on my shoulders," I declare, my voice deeper than before. "Anything I wish for... Anything at all... Is now in my grasp." I clench my fist and think of the power stone. Purple electricity surrounds Thanos, lifting him up so he is eye level with me.

"You... Are not strong enough," he coughs. "You never will be."

"Neither will you," I run toward him before stopping dead in my tracks. Everyone stares at me with questioning looks, including Thanos himself. I slowly walk over and wrap my arms around his neck. Smiling, I pull him closer.

"I can save you," I whisper. "If you cooperate, you'll live. You can see Gamora again."

"The universe must be balanced," he counters. "You know if I stay only bad things will come of it."

"But you don't deserve this..." I trail. "You can just stop. Be with her again. No pain anymore. Please, you're a strong character that shouldn't die." 

"If you let me live, I won't stop trying," he says. "Even when I'm about to die, I'll still try to succeed."

I place my right hand on his temple. We see every possible future. His grandchildren surround him and try to climb his limbs. He gives Quill his blessings to marry her. Gamora on her wedding day as she walks down the aisle. The only thing worse is when he snaps his fingers. I take my hand away before pulling back and frown. Out of all of those futures, I know which one will actually happen.

"Are you sure?" I ask, clenching my fist and fighting the tears as the ghostly purple light outlines my hand.

"Better now than never," he confirms. I take a deep breath before hitting him in the middle of his chest with the gauntlet. His body basically burns, but there is no sign of pain at all. I make sure that it is just a peaceful, painless. All that is left of the titan is those familiar brown ashes. 

My chest feels heavy and I can't see straight.

"Stark, collect some of those and put it in a jar," I instruct, trying my best not to wobble. "Strange, give me the stone."

Without hesitation, he moves the small gem out of the Eye thing and makes it float over to me. It hovers above my right hand. Tony still doesn't move.

"Get to it, old man," I snap, grabbing the stone and placing it in its respective spot. "I'll be back." I clench my fist, a blue portal forms underneath me. Their voices soon turn into nothing but silence as I close it up. 

I land standing next to her body.

It looks like a masterpiece. Her beautiful green skin looking ironically lively in the moonlight. Lips parted ever so slightly and eyes closed, showing off her long lashes. The wind moves her hair and allows the red tips to frame her face perfectly. The blood on her clothing like splattered paint. The pool around her like a crimson silhouette.

I sigh and twist my closed, glowing green fist to the left. Her body floats up, going back in time. It's almost as if she's paused, her mouth ajar and her eyes wide. 

My body changes into the first form from the first time I ever transformed. I fly up to her frozen body, staring at the beautiful sight. If we both want to live, we'll have to go higher. Shit. I twist my hand even further and watch as she floats upward, almost to the top. This should be good enough.

I wrap my arms around her and release my fist. She begins to scream and kick. The extra weight might be too much. I flap my wings as hard as possible, now screaming with her, but me out of pain rather than fear. 

We're not going to make it. 

I make another portal with the space stone, back to Titan. I see everyone come closer before scattering. If she hits the ground first, she'll probably die. If I hit the ground first, I'll probably die. Quickly, I manage to turn my body so that my back is to the ground. My wings curl inward to cover the both of us.

We hit the ground with a big bang [theory lol], and even through the suit, I feel multiple bones shatter. Every breath is shoved out of my body and stars float around my eyes. The gorgeous wings go limp, adding unnecessary weight. I groan with what little air I have left. 

Voices mush together around me, but one stands out.

"No way in hell could she be my girlfriend," Peter says. "Mine doesn't do that." I feel Gamora's body weight lifted off and I somehow sit up, trying to steady my breathing.

"Fuck off, Peter," Jami's says. "She basically just jumped off a cliff."

"No, she didn't! That isn't her!" he shouts. "You both are just some sort of alien."

"Missed you too," I groan, trying to stand. "Once--" I hiss in immense pain. "Once again, I'll be back."

"No {Y/--"

I fall into another portal, this time to Earth. Shakily walking out, I stare at the bruised heroes in front of me.

"Long time no see... Captain."