Aftermath (Still 26 Fam)

Jami's POV...

I rub my eyes as I slowly sit up. Beside me, {Y/N} is sleeping peacefully. I walk into the small kitchen to get a drink since I'm unable to sleep. But before I can take a sip, I hear {Y/N} scream in complete agony. This takes me by surprise and I drop the cup on the ground, spilling water on the carpet. 

Quickly, I run over to her side to make sure nothing happened. {Y/N} clutches her chest, but there isn't a mark anywhere. She doesn't seem injured, so she must be having a nightmare.

What kind of nightmare makes you scream like that?

I support her up as I feel her energy falter, but no matter how hard I try, I'm unable to snap her out of it. A frantic knock on the door startles me and I go to open it. Tom and Harrison are both standing there, panting.

"We heard a scream," Tom says, leaning over to catch his breath.

"We wanted to make sure you were okay," Haz adds.

They must see {Y/N} behind me because they both rush past me and over to her. When I return back to her, she's curled up on her side her fists clenched with a look over distress on her face. What really catches my attention is the tears streaking her cheeks and the light sobs coming from her small form. She was crying in her sleep. I've only seen her cry once, but that was only a few tears. This is her sobbing. Tom cradles her in his arms.

"{Y/N}!" he calls out, trying to wake her or get any sort of reaction. There was no response, only sobs. But for a moment, she murmurs some words that I can't quite make out. However, it sounded like a name.

"{Y/N}!!" Tom tries again. Her crying begins to fade as if she can hear him. She mutters something again but I still don't understand.

"{Y/N}!! Wake up!!!" Tom cries out once more.

Finally, her {E/C} eyes reappear, flying around with urgency and fear. When her gaze meets Tom's, her eyes suddenly widen and she pushes herself away. She springs up faster than any of us had ever seen before. She stares at Tom with clenched fists, panic clear in her features.

"Stay away from me, you monster!" she exclaims. {Y/N} seems dazed as if she's still sleeping. Tom bolts up to his feet, standing at the ready. Harrison and I move out of the way, Haz in front of me so I don't get hurt. So sweet.

"{Y/N}, it's me! Tom!" he reassures. Her eyes blaze with fury as she walks around the bed, shaking her head in denial. 

"You killed him!" she cries, her cheeks stained from previous tears.

Without warning, she lunges at him. He springs into action, diving to grab a pillow. {Y/N} sprints toward him, looking ready to kill. Tom attempts to shield himself with the pillow, but she just swipes it out of the way. 

Once he loses his only defense, Tom acts on his instincts, throwing his arms around her in a tight embrace. Her arms are pinned to her sides, useless. She struggles against his hold, but he manages to keep his grip.

"{Y/N}, please! It's Tom! Everythings okay!" he pleads. Tom keeps repeating this until she somewhat relaxes. He softens his tone, trying to calm her as he firmly repeats the same words.

"It's okay."

They're now kneeling on the ground as {Y/N}'s breathing slows and she wraps her arms around his waist, returning the soft embrace. Tom allows a small smile to form on his lips. After a few moments, he draws back to look at her. Haz and I carefully walk over to them. She seems to have finally snapped out of her daze, but her eyes are distant and glossy.

"{Y/N}... What happened?" Tom asks, his voice soft and filled with concern. She doesn't meet his gaze, her eyes glancing off to the side as she falls into silence. None of us press on, giving her time to collect her thoughts. After a few moments, she shakes her head with a sigh.

"I need some water," she replies, her hands falling to her sides. Tom's eyebrows furrow in sympathy and he nods.

"Stay here," he instructs as he stands up, using the bed to push himself up. Tom disappears into the mini kitchen and we all hear the water turn on. When he returns, a small plastic cup filled with water. 

After she takes a sip, we sit in an uncomfortable silence.

"So you have nightmares," I say, the silence bugging me. She lets out a dry laugh.

"Yeah," she smiles, but it's filled with pain rather than joy. "I have nightmares..." 

[Sorry the update took so long, but I literally just started high school today so it's gonna be really slow. Love you!]