13

Voting is over and the results are... (Cue the dramatic drumroll)... I actually still need some more time. I am so sorry! Results will be posted on Friday! Thanks to everyone that voted, you are all very helpful! Okay on with the book!

Thirteen days until my birthday...

Why?

Why would I ever think this was a good idea?

Why is this something I said I'd want to do?

Why am I such an idiot?

The man next to me throws the chum into the blue ocean, the red blood swirling around with the different colors. Within a few minutes, the entire boat is surrounded by sharks. Great Whites, Hammer Heads, and Sand Sharks.

This is absolutely the worst idea I've ever had.

"{Y/N}? You good?" Jami asks, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"I'm going to die," I whisper, clutching my sides.

"You're not going to die," she chuckles.

"B-But didn't you see 47 Meters Down?" I whimper. "Th-They said nothing would happen! Something fucking happened! What... What if I die?! What if you die?! What if the cable snaps?! Or--"

"Shut up," she interrupts.

"But--"

"No buts," she interrupts again. "Butts are for sitting on. Now get your butt in the cage."

"I... The sharks... Fine," I whisper. The mask covers my entire face and I get into the water. The top closes and the guys begin to lower us down.

"I'm gonna die," I repeat over and over again. "This is when I die. Oh, God. I'm gonna die."

"Stop being such a wimp," Jami laughs. "Look!" She points behind me, smiling wide. Slowly, I turn to see tons of sharks swimming all around me. My heart stops.

"You girls good down there?" One of the guys asks through the headset thingy.

"I am," Jami answers. "But {Y/N} looks like she's seen a ghost."

"We'll pull you up in ten minutes," the same guy laughs.

"TEN MINUTES?!" I shout. The sharks scramble around, moving faster at the sudden rise in my voice.

"Shut up, you're scaring them," Jami scolds, swimming closer to the edge of the cage. From behind her, one of the sharks bumps the cage. I let out a little yelp and grab hold of Jami for dear life.

She laughs and continues to stare at the sharks in awe. I, on the other hand, close my eyes and start counting to myself. After I reach 584, the cable begins to pull us up toward the boat.

Once we're both out with our masks off, I hug my sides.

"That was a terrible idea!" I whine. "I'm an idiot!"

"Oh chill out," Jami says. "It wasn't that bad."

"Yes, it was!" I counter. "There was a bazillion of them!"

"Whatever," she rolls her eyes. "Let's pay these guys then go get ice cream."

"Ice cream?" I ask, my head perking up.

"Yep," she answers.

"Yay!" I shout. "You're the best."

"I know," she chuckles. "C'mon, let's get back to shore."