22

Twenty-two days until my birthday...

I was able to explain to them the nightmares. They kept saying that they know how I feel, but that's bullshit. Yes, other people get nightmares. But they don't get nightmares like I do. Every damn night I have to deal with seeing him tortured or killed. Do you know what that does to me?

Somehow I get through each day without breaking down. There are times when it cuts close, but I've never had a full-on breakdown. Honestly, it's all due to the fact that I get to return. If I wasn't able to go back, I probably wouldn't be here right now.

At first, Jami was a little mad that I didn't tell her, but she eventually sort of understood why I did it. Tom and Haz didn't really understand anything so they just supported me.

Now, Jami and I are meeting this lovely woman at the airport to pick up our new corgi puppy. That's right, I'm getting a corgi.

"What's his name again?" Jami asks the lady. 

"Pip," she kindly answers.

"That is literally the cutest name I have ever heard," I whisper. She, Molly, pats the little case holding the creature. 

"He's pretty cute," Molly chuckles. "So it fits him."

There's an awkward silence between us all. I clear my throat and elbow Jami. She looks at me weirdly before nodding her head. She pulls out some cash and hands it to Molly.

"Here," Jami says. "$1200. It's all there."

"You sound like you're buying drugs," I snicker. Molly hands me the case and takes the money.

"It was lovely to meet you, girls," she says. "But I've really got to get going. Goodbye!" She waves at us, disappearing into the crowd. 

"You have a corgi puppy," Jami whispers. Everything just now hits me. 

"I have a corgi puppy," I smile. "Woo! I have a corgi puppy!!!" We both laugh and walk out of the airport towards our car. 

Jami drives and I get in the backseat, the puppy's case on my right so I can hold it still. I can't wait to get home...

[I'll get a pic of Tom at the top when I have time, but I don't want to keep you waiting. You're welcome @jami524]