Premiere Day

The Next Morning...

The early morning sun shines through the gap in the curtains, blinding me as I open my eyes. I roll over to my side, trying to fall asleep again. But as per usual, I end up just lying there, staring at the ceiling. Beside me, Jami stirs, mumbling nonsense as she sleeps. 

Man... How did I end up with such a pretty friend? Even in the mornings, she always looks good. Her dirty blond hair falls around her, framing her face perfectly. She has those naturally well-shaped eyebrows. They don't define her face, but they pop and make her look like she knows what she's doing, even though half of the time she doesn't. She has full lips that are a light pink, fitting her cutely pale face. God Damn. I got lucky in the best friend category. Thanks, Universe!

I poke her tiny nose, now getting bored with the silence. Her nose twitches and she turns to the other side. Useless.

I carefully get up so I don't wake her, even though that's what I was just trying to do. But if I woke her that would spoil the fun. I take a few steps back before launching myself onto her. 

"JAAAAMIIIIIIII!" I squeal, trying to shake her. She groans and tries to push me off. "No! You're staying with me!" She pushes me again, but instead of pushing me off, she pushes both of us onto the ground. I land on top of her and she squints at me, still not used to the sunlight yet.

"You're being gay," she mumbles. 

"Is that supposed to be an insult?" I ask, mocking being offended. She rolls her eyes.

"Fair enough," she chuckles, finally succeeding in getting me unattached to her. "Do you know how hard that floor is?"

"No, but I do know how soft you are," I laugh, rolling onto my back. "What day is it?"

"Friday," she answers as she crawls back onto the bed. 

"Date?" I ask.

"You," she winks. I laugh and shake my head. "Twenty-seventh." I sit up immediately.

"Premiere day?" I ask, hope and worry mixing into my voice.

"Premiere day," she repeats. 

I whoop, running laps around the room. I jump on the bed, my face landing on the pillow. Screaming into it, I say random things about how happy I am. Jami laughs, shaking her head as I fall off the bed again. I jump back up and squeal.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS FINALLY HAPPENING!" I scream. She shushes me, reminding me that other people are probably sleeping. "Sorry, I'm just so excited. When does it start again?"

"Six," she answers, grabbing her phone off the side table. I sit next to her, also grabbing my phone. While part of me wants to change the home screen, the other part wants to keep it so I can see his face every day. But now I'm not even sure if it's Tom's or Peter's. I remember taking it with Peter, but Tom swears that we took that on set.

Speaking of him, we haven't really talked since I snapped at him. Yeah, I wanted him to back off, but I didn't want him to completely ignore me. He said that they weren't real and that totally triggered me. But I might've hurt him by saying he's "Just like everyone else." If I had been him, I would be hurt too. 

I go onto Instagram, just now realizing my follower count. 

"Holy mother of Abraham Lincoln!" I yell. "Since when did I get seven million followers?!" 

"You seriously just noticed?" Jami laughs. "I checked mine within the first twenty minutes."

"I feel old..." I groan. "I'm turning into Steve! Oh no! Heeeeeelp!" I look at the clock in the corner of my phone. "Really? It's only ten?"