A Night Over (Pt. 1)

Jami and I follow Peter to his apartment building. The outside of the building is pretty typical, but still very pretty. He leads us to an elevator and we all sit in uncomfortable silence.

"How's the project going Jami?" I ask. 

"Good," she answers. "We have the poster-board and glitter glue already set up. I think this might be my best one yet."

"Is this the only one with me?" I ask, praying to God that she'll say yes.

"Hell no," she laughs. "I've got about twenty more with you." I groan and cover my face with my hands.

"What project?" Peter asks. "Is it for school?"

"No," Jami smirks. "It's for fun."

"Could I see?" he asks.

"When it's finished and my plan works, then yes," she replies as the doors slide open. 

"Wait, what plan?" I ask, stepping out of the elevator. She ignores my question and continues walking. "What plan? Jami, answer me!"

Peter stops at a door, unlocks it, and opens it. He steps in before us.

"May?" he calls, looking around. "Are you home?"

"Peter? Is that yo--" She stops talking when she walks into view and sees myself and Jami. I give her a shy wave, while Jami does the polar opposite. She runs over and gives her a big hug. May laughs and hugs her back. 

"May, these are my friends," Peter explains. "They're also part of the Stark Internship." He says the last part cautiously, obviously hinting for her not to say anything.

"Hi!" Jami says, stepping back. "I'm Jami! And you are so much prettier in person. When I watched Peter's movie you looked a little old, but now I see how young you are. You look like my age!" 

"Aw! You're so sweet!" May gushes. Her eyes land on me. "And you must be {Y/N}! Peter can't stop talking about you! He says that you're quick-witted, funny, and very beau--"

"And that's enough talking!" Peter interrupts, placing his hand over his aunt's mouth. "We should get started. Let's go." 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

We set our things down on the floor of his room. It's a little cramped, but nothing I'm not used to. I look over to the old looking computer on his messy desk. 

"You made this from pieces you found in the dumpster, right?" I ask, motioning to it. He smiles and nods his head. "It's really cool." 

"Is this your old suit?" Jami asks. She picks up and red and blue sweatshirt and sweatpants. The mask sits to the side.

"Yeah," he answers. "I haven't worn that since I fought Liz's dad."

"Vulture," I supply. "His villain name is Vulture. It was like that in the comics, and he looked a bit different, but the movies aren't always the same."

"Oh! Like the new Venom movie?" Jami asks. 

"Yeah," I reply. "In the comics, Venom was Peter's new suit after the high-tech one got old. Then it went crazy evil. But in the movie, it isn't even close to that. I mean, there is a rumor that Peter's going to show up at the end, but nothing has been confirmed yet."

"What's Venom?" Peter asks.

"Nothing," Jami and I answer in sync. Peter shrugs and takes out his biology things. 

"Okay, the first question," Peter begins, holding small flashcards in his hands. "How many different shapes of bacteria are there?" Jami and I pause for a second.

"Well," I drawl. "There are three main shapes of bacteria. Cocci, the round bacterias. Bacilli, the rod-shaped bacterias. And Spirilla, the spiral bacterias."

"Correct," Peter smiles. "Now for the second question..."

~Time Skip Because Author-Chan Is Lazy And Doesn't Know Her Biology~

"And we're finished!" Peter exclaims. Jami and I let out a sigh of relief.

Jami isn't as sneaky as she thinks. I caught her taking pictures of me and Peter. I'm pretty sure Peter did too, but he didn't say anything about it.

"Dinner!" May calls from the kitchen. 

I jump up and race Jami to the door. She shoves me to the right and opens the door, revealing Peter's aunt with her hand up about to knock. I trip over a stupid cord and fall... Right on top of Peter. Both of our faces turn a dark shade of red, probably due to the fact that our faces are centimeters apart. I hear a click and turn to see, not Jami, but May holding her phone up. 

"Ooh, that's cute!" Jami squeals. "Send that to me!"

"You could've told me they were making out Jami," May teases. Peter and I scramble up and pout.

"Maaayy!" We both whine in unison. 

"See?" Jami smirks. "They're perfect for each other."

"Yeah, they really are," May agrees. "Well, C'mon! I made banana bread for dessert!"