37

Thirty-seven days until my birthday.

We stayed in Cincinnati for more than a few days. Tom kept texting me and asking if I was in Queens. We're finally getting off of the plane, so now I'm texting him back. [Thomas= Tom & Me= You]

Are you here yet? :Thomas

Read- Yesterday.

Me: We're just getting off the plane. How about you?

I see you :Thomas

Me: That's not creepy

Can you see me yet? :Thomas

Me: If I saw you I wouldn't be texting you

Come to find me :Thomas

Me: Okay then

I slip my phone back into my butt pocket and look up, trying to catch him. I walk forward before my phone buzzes.

You're getting colder :Thomas

I turn around and walk the other way, not bothering to put my phone back. 

"What are you doing?" Jami asks.

"Thomas is playing hide and seek with me," I explain, dragging her with me. "And you're tall so you have to help me."

"Do you wanna boost instead?" she offers.

"Hell yeah, I want a boost," I laugh. She crouches and I place my legs on her shoulders. When she stands, I nearly lose my balance, but somehow manage to stay on. It's like a bull ride but more intense.

My phone vibrates in my hand again.

That's cheating! :Thomas

Me: We never actually established any rules

Jami turns and begins to walk forward. After about ten more minutes, I spot him sitting on a far bench. He waves, standing up to walk over to us.

"Go that way!" I point to him and Jami begins walking again. We reach him and Jami turns her back to him.

"Oh, C'mon! It was just a game!" he pouts. I lean back and fall, Jami holds onto my legs. I cross my arms as I'm upside down against her back.

"That was not fun," I fake scold. 

"Maybe not, but this is," he smirks. 

"Wha-" He interrupts me by tickling my entire body. I break out in an uncontrollable laugh, trying to squirm out of his reach. My loose shirt begins to fall, exposing my stomach. He then grabs my sides and lifts me off of Jami's shoulders, still upside down. I playfully hit him and try to move, but damn! He is really strong.

"Don't squirm so much," he laughs, throwing me onto his own shoulders. His hands keep my feet steady so I don't lose balance and fall.

"Where are we going?" Jami asks, walking beside the two of us. 

"Have you ever actually gotten real Queens food?" he asks.

"No," we both answer.

"Neither have I," he chuckles. "I just want to, but you, {Y/N}, you have a promise you must keep."

Through our conversations, he's come to the assumption that I really do believe all of that happened. And I do, so he plays along. Tom is really good about not pushing me on the topic.

"Oh, right!" I exclaim, remembering that day. "That was the-- It was the day we left."

"That's you did with Peter that day?" Jami asks.

"Yeah," I smile at the memory. "He took me around Queens. We actually went to different food places around the city. It was really fun. And I made a sort of promise to go to Queens in our world and try the food there."

"So let's grab your bags so we can eat," Tom says. "I just might starve to death."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Once we got to the hotel, we collapsed on our beds and completely forgot about food. Tom did too, but he actually tucked us in and made us comfy. When we woke up, he was sitting there watching freaking Little Einsteins. 

I sit up and rub my eyes. When I realize what he's watching, I smile.

"This is my shit," I chuckle. He glances at me and smiles.

"I know. You told me when we were filming," he reminds as he looks back to the screen.

"Are we getting food today?" I ask.

"Yeah," he mumbles tiredly. 

"Well you're obviously tired," I laugh and crawl toward him. He groans as I pull him back towards me. "Sleep. I just flew across the country so we're not going anywhere anytime soon."

"Fine with me," Tom murmurs, closing his eyes as he snuggles into the pillow. I smile and place my head on the pillow next to him, now closing my own eyes and falling into another nightmare session.