Love

I climb back through the window, scared to go back. Maybe I don't have to go back. I could just disappear. But... Jami. Great, now I don't have a choice.

Slowly, I make my way back to the hotel. When I open the doors and walk in, I see everyone in the lobby stand up. I feel the tears well up as I look at all of their faces. Some of them are mad, others are relieved. 

"I'm sorry..." I whisper. Jami walks over to me, grabbing me gently by the shoulders. I hold my breath and stare at the ground.

"Look at me," she commands. I slowly move my gaze up until it reaches her own eyes. She smiles and brings one hand up to my face. Then she pulls the hand back and slaps me hard across the face. It stings, but I laugh. 

"You're an asshole," She mumbles, pulling me into a hug. 

"I miss him," I say, but only quiet enough for her to hear. "It hurts so much. I need him, Jami... I can't do this."

"I know, I know..." she soothes, rubbing my back. "But you need to. For me and for him. Didn't I promise? You will see him again."

I pull out and look at her. 

"That really hurt," I laugh, holding a hand to my sore cheek. I look behind her and see everyone else glaring at me. "Oh right... I have to explain this to them."

"You're damn right you have to explain this to us," RDJ spits, crossing his arms. "We were so worried."

"Have any of you lost someone?" I ask. A few of them nod. "Well, this is sort of like that. I lost someone very important to me. They didn't die, but I can't see them anymore. It's impossible for me to see them. But I loved them so much that the very thought of them makes me cry. And I-- I just couldn't deal with the pain. I don't even really know someone that truly loves me here. But I know they loved me. And now... They're gone. Forever."

"So you almost jumped off a building?" Anthony asks. I nod, looking back at the ground.

"It didn't mean to make you worry," I say. "But I just wanted to know if I was actually loved. To me, the purpose of life is to love and to be loved. It can't just be a one-way thing though. There needs to be a chain. And if I'm the only one giving my love out to people, then I don't have a purpose because no one loves me."

"Then why are you still here?" Sebastian asks. Everyone gives him the what-the-fuck-is-wrong-with-you look.

"Because I love you guys!" I shout. "Even if no one loves me, everyone else deserves my love. All of you, all of my fans, all of everyone! They all deserve my love because they're alive. They managed to get through life without dying yet. And I think it would be selfish of me to steal some of that love away from them."

I look at Tom, his eyes staring into my soul.

"And if you want me to die, then so be it. But I'll die knowing that I loved people who didn't love me back. And I'll regret nothing."

"Of course we love you," Chris H. says. "We love you more than you could ever know." He walks over and kneels down, pulling me into a hug. I wrap my arms tightly around his neck. One by one, everyone joins us until it's a gigantic group hug. And right now, for the first time in one week, I actually feel loved.

Tomorrow, I'll get to see Peter again. Not personally, but I'll see him on the screen. Because tomorrow is the premiere. Tomorrow could make or break me.