Comfort

I quickly sit up in a dark room. I'm sweating profusely, breathing heavily, and thinking about what just happened. Tears dampen my clothes and covers. Was that just a dream? Or did it actually happen? My heart is pounding from the adrenaline rush. I want to calm myself with a glass of water, but all of this has left me weak and trembling. 

I can't quite see where I am, but I can at least tell that I'm on a bed. Stretching my arm up, I feel something hard. So I'm on a bunk bed. Maybe it was just a dream. I find the edge of the bed and hop off.

"{Y/N}?" a voice asks. 

"Wait... Peter?" I whisper. "Is that you?"

"Well, this is my room," he replies. I take a deep breath and feel around for the light switch. Once I finally find it, I turn the lights on and look for Peter. It takes a second for my eyes to adjust, but when they do, they land on the tired boy sitting on the edge of his bed. 

"Peter..." I whisper. I then tackle him onto his bed, holding him tight and planting small kisses all over his face. "You're alive."

"I would hope so," he laughs, pulling me closer. "You had a nightmare?"

"Yeah," I mumble. 

"What happened?" he asks.

"Everyone died," I say. "But it was everyone I care about in this world. I was strapped to a chair and forced to watch them die. But your death was different. Everyone else faded into ashes that floated away, but you... I had to watch the life drain out of your eyes, your body fall limp. I had to watch as you called for my help and leave you there, unable to protect yourself. If you actually died..."

"Hey, it's okay," he soothes. I guess while I was talking tears started to pour again. "Don't worry. I'm alive and well. Everything's fine." But it's not. Thanos is coming and I can't do anything to stop him. I can't save you.

"You promise?" I sniffle. 

"Of course," he assures. 

"W-Would you mind if I slept with you for the rest of the night?" I ask. Peter pulls his covers over both of us, answering my question. "Thanks."

"My pleasure," he sighs, snaking his arms around my waist. I pull him close and bury my face in his chest, allowing sleep to take over once more, praying for it to be better than the last dream.