5

Damn. I've never seen that pic before.

Five days until my birthday...

My eyes flutter open to a cloudy sky. Thank God. No sunlight here to blind be this morning.

"{Y/N}," Jami's voice groans from the hall. I groan inaudible words as a response. "We're bungee jumping today. Get your ass out of bed."

"Yeah," I mumble in my pillow, which I threw over my face in an attempt to fall asleep again. But I reluctantly remove the pillow and stand up, stretching my arms while making a dying pterodactyl sound. Pip, who was sleeping on my beanbag, makes a cute noise and covers his head with his tiny paws.

"Me too, Pip," I sigh. "Me too." I walk over to my closet and grab some leggings and a gray sweater. After I throw them on, I walk out to the kitchen where Jami is nearly falling asleep in her bowl of cereal. 

I grab myself a bowl of depressed fruit loops (Cheerios) and begin quietly eating.

"How many days?" Jami asks.

"Five," I answer as I gulp down the small bite of food. "We need to start preparing."

"About that..." she murmurs. "Can we bring Pip?"

"What?" I mumble, not understanding what she means. "Bungee jumping? That's not really--"

"No, back to Peter," she interrupts.

"..."

"Please?"

"But what about this world's {Y/N}?" I ask, taking another bite. "Won't she still want Pip with her?"

"Pip will be with her," Jami counters. "Since we were in Peter's world, we were still in this one, but we just don't remember it."

"I don't know... I'll think about it," I shrug. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"You girls secure?" the man asks. We both tug at the straps around us before turning back to him and nodding. "Okay, jump when you're ready."

I smile and look below us to the thrashing river. 

"You wanna go first?" I suggest. She chuckles at my cowardness and grabs my arm.

"We're doing this together," she replies. "Go!"

Before I can register anything, she jumps off of the bridge, pulling me down with her. She lets go of my arm as we fall down, almost in slow motion. My {H/C} hair flows over my head, stray strands whipping around my face. Then, in an instant, I'm flying back up and my hair comes crashing into my face. I should have put it in a ponytail.

"{Y/N}," Peter says.

"Yeah?" I ask, shouting mostly because of the wind. My body flies a few feet higher than the bridge and I hear the man that helped us laugh.

"We need to talk," he states.

"Now isn't really the best time," I yell as I begin to fall downward again. "Can you come back later?"

"No, it doesn't work like that," he replies, sounding frustrated. "Just listen."

"Okay," I sigh.

"So you know how I... faded?" he asks. 

"Yep," I answer.

"Well, that's because of your first wish to come to my world," he says. 

"What? That's absurd!" I shout. "It was completely random!"

"Not necessarily," he replies. 

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"You know physical science, right?" he ignores my question.

"Yeah, I took it in eighth grade," I reply.

"For-- action--there--and--opposite," he cuts off after that.

"Fuck," I whisper. "I took it, I didn't pay attention."

So this little thing is going to bother now.