Nightmares (26 Pt. 4 Yes we're still on this)

Tom and Haz help us back to our room. Jami looks absolutely ecstatic, so I'm guessing he asked her to be his girlfriend. But she won't tell me anything so I don't actually know.

We stop in front of our door.

"We leave early in the morning," I chuckle. "So I guess this is goodbye." Jami and Haz give each other a quick hug before whispering something in their ears. I hug Tom, not wanting to lose him so fast. 

"I'll miss you," he mumbles. 

"I'll miss you too," I murmur. "But I'll keep my promise."

He pulls away, gazing into my eyes. Tom leans in, planting a small kiss on my forehead. I smile and ruffle his hair.

"Until we meet again, mon amour," he bows.

"Of course, mon chéri," I giggle and unlock the door. We each give each other one last wave before the door closes. 

"Sleep?" Jami asks.

"Sleep," I agree. We quickly get changed and flop onto the comfy mattress. I close my eyes and sigh. Recurring nightmares, here I come...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~  

Cold. I feel so cold. My face and, as a matter of fact, half of my entire body is laying on something hard. I try to open my eyes, but they seem to be stuck closed. I attempt to make out my surroundings as my senses slowly begin to return, which isn't easy seeing as my eyes are closed. There's an eerie silence, only broken by the quiet whistling of the wind, and the occasional tinkle of what sounds like broken glass. The chill sweeping over my body makes me shiver, but I finally manage to crack open my eyes.

I'm met with a depressing scene. A city, desolate and destroyed, not a single living creature in sight. What looks to once be a lively city is now nothing more than an abandoned wasteland. I'm laying on my side against the hard pavement, a groan managing to escape my lips as I sit myself up.

'What happened to me?' I think. I try to remember, but everything is just blurry. 'I was with Jami... I had a date with Tom and after that... Oh, I can't remember anything!'

A sudden scream tears it's way through my thoughts, causing me to jump with alarm. But I can tell that it isn't a scream just from fear. No, it's a bloodcurdling scream, sounding as if it was forced out of the victim's throat during a torture session. Although the scream was obviously in a far part of the deserted city, I stagger to my feet and take off in the direction of the sound. Whoever screamed was most certainly in pain.

As I race through the broken gray streets, I look around at the terrible view. Most of the buildings are either crashed to the ground or left in pieces, very few of them in an almost decent condition. Different household objects are scattered across the streets and sidewalks, shattered glass and crumbled buildings as far as I can see. But the one element that frightens me most of all? Dead bodies.

"Oh my God..." I mutter. Strong nausea forms at the bottom of my stomach and I have to force myself not to vomit at the sight. 

The corpses of fallen citizens are strewn all over. Bloody, torn, rotting corpses. Many of them young children or the elderly, but I have to hold back tears, despite the fact that I don't know any of them. It feels as if my heart is breaking, but I warn myself to focus on the location of the scream as I seem to be far closer than before.

Though I have already taken in my surroundings, I just now realize where I am. Queens. Not real world Queens, but Avengers world Queens. How can I tell? I see the remnants of Avengers Towers about fifty yards ahead of me. This beautiful city, gone. Completely destroyed.