Live Your Life

I look over to Jami, my vision blurry with tears. Being my best friend, she knows when I'm about to have a total breakdown. She nods her head and rubs my hand.

"Go," she whispers. Without bothering to watch the rest of the movie, I bolt out of the theater, bumping into more than a few people. When I exit the theater, I'm bombarded with cameras. Tears run down my face, destroying my makeup. I push past everyone, sprinting down the sidewalk. Many people chase me, but they all are stopped when I run into the hotel. 

I run up the stairs to the roof, hoping that no paparazzi see this. I sit on the back ledge, my legs hanging off of the building.

"Happy ending my ass..." I whisper. Behind me, someone clears their throat. I turn my head and see the famous old man.

"Oh... Hey Mr. Lee," I mumble.

"{Y/N}," he says in his sweet old person voice. "I believe this is the first time we've met. How about you get a good look at me." I turn my entire body and stare at him, sniffling every few seconds. 

This is Stan Lee. He might not have created all of the Marvel characters, but he took credit for them. All of them. He started the superhero boom. Stan likes to write comics. The art might not be the best, but the storyline is good. Storyline... The fates of all of the characters. He decides who lives and who--

"Son of a bitch," I mutter, standing up. "You... You killed him. You killed him! YOU FUCKING BASTARD! YOU KILLED HIM! HE WAS FIFTEEN, STAN! HE'S JUST A KID! AND YOU FUCKING KILLED HIM! I LOVED HIM AND YOU--" I collapse to my knees, burying my face in my hands. My body trembles as I let out painful sobs.

"I can explain," he calmly says. 

"How the fuck do you explain killing a fifteen-year-old kid?" I spit, glaring at him.

"He's dead," he says. "He's dead because I made you to save him. To save them all."

"What?" I ask, my hands falling to the ground.

"Comics," he laughs. "I love writing comics. But just because they aren't published doesn't mean they don't exist."

"What are you saying?" I ask.

"{Y/N}, my dear," he whispers. "You're a comic book character too." I take deep breaths, trying to process his words. "I titled your comics, 'Emotion'. That's the name of your movies, too. And when you go back, you'll see why."

"I-I can go back?" I ask, standing up.

"Of course," he chuckles. "I can't tell you everything, but I will tell you this: You can do anything you put your mind to. And it's okay for Jami to keep her head in the clouds and her feet off the ground."Strange.

"I don't understand," I say.

"You will," he sighs. "I promise you that."

"So- So when can I go back? Now? Tonight?" I ask, hoping for the answer I want.

"That's the bad news," he mutters. Fuck. "The only time you can truly get your wish is your birthday."

"B-But that's almost two months from now," I whimper, clutching my hands to my chest. "Can't I use a shooting star or something?"

"I'm afraid not," he says.

"But--" As if he knows what I was going to say, he interrupts me.

"The only reason that worked is due to your wish," he explains. "Double wishes come true, guarenteed." My wish...

Flashback...

Peter seems distracted like he's completely lost in thought. I look at the pond, seeing the reflection in the pond water. My eyes dart up to the sky above the tower: A beautiful night sky filled with twinkling stars. I look back to him.