The Second Wish (PT. 2)

Before I go to the kitchen, I get dressed in the fighting attire that I prepared last night. 

A black tank top with some black jeggings and knee-high combat boots. I clasp a necklace with a small white crystal and black feather around my neck and pull my hair into a high ponytail while a black bandana is tied at the top of my head. Three little brown leather bracelets and a large gray one rest on my left wrist. I pull on a brown jacket with a larger hood and roll the sleeves up. A bow is attached to my side, ending near my knee and ribcage.

Once I'm finished, I grab my light green-gray book bag slinging it over my shoulder and rushing out the door. But, for some reason, I run into a guy holding a ginormous camera. I scream and take out my hunter's knife with some weird knuckle spikes.

 I scream and take out my hunter's knife with some weird knuckle spikes

[In case you wanted to see it.]

"STALKER!" I scream, aiming the small weapon at him. He puts his hands up, waving them for mercy. Jami runs over and sees the situation before laughing. 

"{Y/N}, chill out," she chuckles.

"Why the hell should I chill out?" I ask. "There's a dude in my bedroom with a giant camera!"

"I told the directors that they could film us for when we go back to our home," she replies calmly. 

"Why would they need to film us?" I ask, relaxing and placing the knife back in my bag. 

"For the next Avengers movie," she says. "You can just cut that part out Dave. Follow us to the kitchen, no script." I blink a few times before following and messing with my bracelets. 

For the first time, I notice that she has the exact same outfit as me, knife and all. Except her bracelets are on her right wrist rather than her left. Her dirty blond hair is pulled into a high ponytail that sways behind her.

"Damn, you're pretty," I laugh. "I'm jealous."

"You should be," she says. "I have a superstar boyfriend and you have a nerd."

"A cute nerd," I point out. 

"Fair, but Peter has never done a cameo in a movie," she counters.

"Yeah, he has his own movie," I reply bumping into her. She laughs and shakes her head. "Where's the cupcake?"

"On the counter," she says as she bends down to pick up Pip. He barks and nuzzles into her chest. I can hear the cameraman, Dave, behind me. Close behind me.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I place the candle in the frosting, and smile, finally being able to make my wish. Jami takes out a lighter and lights the small thing. I take a deep breath, but before I can blow the flame out, my phone rings. I groan and glare at it, but the number calling me is completely unfamiliar. 

"Hello?" I ask once I answer it.

"{Y/N}," the voice says. I could never find anyone else with this voice. 

"Stan, what's up?" I smile, forgetting my anger. 

"Peter already told you, right?" he asks, ignoring my question.

"About the reaction thingy?" I answer. "Yeah, I didn't really understand."

"For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction," he repeats. "And for every wish, a price to pay."

"So, every time I make a wish, something bad will happen?" I ask. 

"Yes, exactly," he states.

"But--"

"Now! Go now!" he interrupts. "It's already getting late, you must hurry!"

"Okay!"

I hang up and turn to look at the cupcake. 

I wish... For a chance. To save them alongside my best friend Jami. To go back to their universe and save them.

Opening my eyes, I take a deep breath and blow the candle out. Once we both sling our bags back on, we run to the doors, giddy with excitement. We grab the handles and pull the doors open and allow the blue light to take us back. 

---

I fall to the ground, Jami on top of me. The wind is completely knocked out of me. As I struggle to breathe, her weight lifts off of me and I hear familiar voices behind me. I rub my eyes and shakily stand up with the help of Jami.

"Who are you?" a girl asks. I make eye contact with Jami first before taking in my surroundings. Zargnut wrappers litter the floor and the window shows the stars I could only dream of seeing.

"She asked you a question," another voice says, male this time. My eyes begin to water as I realize the mistake the stupid universe made. I turn my head and see none other than the Guardians of the Galaxy, standing around Thor, who is still unconscious on the table.

"Shit," I groan.