Chapter 3

Natasha's pov:

I haven't come out of my room very much at all this week. Clint was so nice as to bring me snacks everyday. He must have noticed that I wasn't coming out to eat, so he brought me little plastic bags of cereal. This is why we are such good friends. If he were in my situation, I would have brought him bags a chips too. He's great, gotta love him. That's beside the point, though. I woke up this morning to see that my hands are finally fully recovered. I decided to try to fix things with Buck today. After I work out. I hopped out of bed and got on my workout clothes. it was about 6 am, so I sneaked down the halls into the workout room to find that... Bucky was already there? He already took the bench press.

I decided to start lifting weights and hope he doesn't notice me.

Bucky's pov:

I heard some footsteps behind me, so I turned to see Natasha picking up some weights.

"Not here for the punching bag, I hope?" I ask, jokingly.

"Nope. I don't think I'm allowed to use that thing anymore."

"Of course you are. Just, at acceptable amounts." I reply.

"Heh. I hope so."

A half hour later, after some chatting and laughing, we both decide we are done and start making our way back to our rooms. It seems like we're on good terms again...?

"Hey Buck?" Natasha asks

"Hm?"

"Do you... Know what Mario Kart is?"

"Uh, no. Should I add that to the list of things for me to check out?" I question.

"Well - uh - I was thinking that - uh - we could play later, maybe. It's a game I think you'd like."

"Oh - uh - sure. Sounds like fun." 

"Cool. My room. 11. Be there." she orders.

"Will do ma'am." I reply with a smirk. She smiles back as she disappears into her room.

One shower later...

It's now 11, and I'm terrified. I'm standing outside her door. I knock.

Knock knock

"Who's there?" I hear a voice from in the room. A very familiar one, at that. I tap the door handle with my left arm.

Tap tap

"Come in, Buck." The voice says.

I open the door, step in, and immediately shut it. I see the little red head sitting on the bed with 2 controllers. I look at the TV screen, and its says Mario Kart on it. All these characters look familiar. I've seen these types of games before.

"So, tell me Bucky, can an old dog learn new tricks?" The red head made a snide remark.

"I sure hope so." I laughed.

After teaching me the controls and playing for a bit, I got pretty good at it (for a beginner at least). I even beat her a few times! (but I think she's holding back)She was right too. This game is really fun.

"I guess old dogs can learn new tricks." she said after a minute.

"How old do you think I am, Ms. Romonoff?" I say, trying to sound offended.

"Hmmmmmm... 107?" she said with a smirk. She clearly didn't buy it.

"101, Actually." I said with a smile.

"Oh, I see. Right, the deadline for learning new tricks is 103." she said matter of factually, still smiling.

"Funny, Romonoff."

"I know. That's why I said it." said the smartass to the senior citizen.

After playing for a few hours more, it's almost dinner time. After eating, we head back to the room and she teaches me how to play Super Smash Bros. Playing that with her was just as fun. We both are done after a few hours of that too. We say goodbye and I go back to my room for the night. I'm finally able to sleep tonight, and I pass out rather quickly.

Clint's pov:

"Dude. Bucky and Nat tooootally like each other." I say to Steve and Sam.

"I know. We all do. That's why I have an idea." Steve replies.

"Oh yeah? And what's that?" Sam does not look too impressed.

"We set them up." he answers.

"Oh, no way." I say, astonished. Too bad I don't have any love arrows.

"Yeah. I think we should. We need to get the ball rolling on this one." Steve says.

"Maybe, but I don't know. Are you sure that's not a bad idea?" Sam looks concerned.

"Well, Bucky can't get mad at me. I don't know about Natasha though." Steve admits.

"Oh come on. They like each other. They'll be grateful. I can be a cupid!" I jump in.

"Do NOT shoot them, Clint." Sam warned me.

Steve looks like he's thinking.

"Right. Let's do it."