Chapter 62

Natasha's pov:

I'm just getting back to the tower. I was out getting stuff done. Really, I was kicking ass, but the team can't know that. I'm kinda grounded from a stunt I pulled on a recent mission. I'm not allowed to go on missions or fight for 2 weeks. I'll just use the excuse that I was getting coffee or something of the sort.

I'm walking down the hall and into the kitchen, when I bump into a tall figure. I got too distracted by my thoughts to see where I was going. It's a sleek black suit. I already know who it is. I step back and stare up at the dark soldier. He's staring down at me, but his face is covered by long brown hair. He's wearing a mask, but no goggles so I can barely see the steel eyes through the hair.

Winter Soldier mode much?

"You ok there soldier?" I ask, knowing there isn't going to be an answer.

I sigh in defeat when he remains silent, as if I was hoping he'd actually answer me. I try to walk past him, but he steps in front of me. I look up at him again, and see a glimmer of amusement in his eyes. Wanna play a game?

I try to step around him again, but he again blocks my path. I can't hold back a smirk. One more time, I try to step around. One more time, he steps before me. I look up and can tell he's smiling behind the mask. Lightly, but still a smile. I turn on my heel and start walking the other way. Before I escape, he grabs my arm and pulls me right back to him. I stand before him again. I press my forehead against his chest and sigh in defeat. He puts his metal hand on my head. I whine in annoyance. All he does is hum in amusement. I put my hands on his chest and feel it rumbling. He wraps my arms around my waist and pulls me closer.

"Why do you do these things to me?" I whine.

He doesn't respond. He lifts my chin to look up at him. I smile at him. I take off his face mask and stand on my toes to close the distance. He pulls me even closer eagerly. He grabs the mask from my hand and tosses it aside to the counter. I wrap my arms around his neck and my legs around his hips. He has one hand supporting me from underneath and one hand tangled in my hair. One thing escalated to another, and now we're here. He's holding me tightly. Like someone's trying to take me away from him. That's not gonna happen, no matter who it is. He's grabbing my hair with his right hand, and not being to gentle about it either. It doesn't hurt, it's just a tight hold. His bionic arm is holding my thigh with a firm grasp. I'm not going anywhere. He's being possessive and I love it. I tangle my fingers in his hair. His hair is soft and it's great. I love playing with it at moments like these. His hair starts getting in his face again. We break apart and he's confused as to why. He understands when I start moving the hair away from his face. He seems to appreciate the help. Once I've fixed the problem, I close the distance between us again.

"Can you guys not do this in the kitchen?" I hear Tony's voice from behind us.

I turn my head to look at him.

"Can you do this in the room?" Clint crosses his arms.

"...Do you guys want a head start?" I arch an eyebrow.

"You think I'm afraid of you?" Tony laughs.

"Yes, please." Clint answers.

"Cool. You have 5 seconds." As soon as I say that, Clint bolts for the elevator.

"You really think I'm scared of you?" Tony arches an eyebrow in amusement.

"Think? I know." I correct him.

He furrows his eyebrows at my response.

"4." I continue the countdown.

He stands there unamused.

"3."

He's an idiot.

"2."

I'm gonna hurt him.

"1."

I try to escape from Bucky's iron grasp so I can kick the shit outta Tony, but fail. Buck doesn't let me go. Tony flinches when I try to escape viciously.

"Buck, let me go." I snap at him.

He doesn't respond, only cocks his head. I try to escape again violently, and again I fail. Tony walks away quickly when he realizes I was being serious about that ass beating. He's in a rush but he doesn't want to show it. I keep trying to escape, and keep failing.

"Bucky. I need to go kick ass." I pout.

He doesn't respond.

"...You're right, I'm grounded. Of course you would take Steve's side." I sigh in annoyance.

He smiles lightly.

"Oh? My suffering is what make you smile? Wow, Buck. I thought you were better than that." I cross my arms.

He smiles even more now.

"You just love to torture me, don't you?" I sigh.

He growls in amusement.

"My god, I hate you." I shake my head and smile.

He starts tangling my hair again. I play with his in return. I bury my head in his chest.

Bucky's pov:

"My god, I hate you." She smiles.

Yeah yeah, I love you too red.

I start playing with her fiery hair again. It's so fluffy and soft. It's the best thing. And to think, this beautiful woman was my mission. The weapon now in my arms. This perfect work of art, and she just laid her head on my chest. She's everything anyone could ever want. And here she is with me, putting so much trust in me right now. Trusting me not to hurt her, even though she's in the arms of a killer. It feels like I'm holding a defenseless kitten right now. She has no guards up. She knows, she's alone with an assassin. She knows, she has no protection and that I could kill her any second. Yet she stays. This is someone I will protect with my life. I'm holding something no man should have. Something the universe doesn't deserve. How could someone as perfect as her, love a monster like me?