Chapter 131: Red and Blue

Sorry updates are slow, I'm working on 3 different stories (4 if you include the smut ver.) plus some one shots for Tumblr, and on top of that I've got writer's block and I just finished finals. I'll try to get on it asap, and I'll try to make updates a little faster. Thanks for waiting on me.

P.S, this is my longest chapter to date with 2742 words. I got carried away, sorry it's so long.

Natasha's pov:

'Natalia, how long do you think you can run?'

'Long enough.'

'You know we won't stop. Why do you insist on running from us? From me?'

'You know exactly why. Why do you still think that I'm somehow tied to Hydra?'

'Because you belong here. You always have, and always will. You know you're not really an Avenger.'

'Yes I am.'

'No, you're not. Someone like you could never. Natalia, do you know why I say you belong with Hydra?'

'Why.'

'Because you're different. You're special. You're the girl who never backed down from a fight, and always won. You're the girl who didn't hesitate to kill a man when asked, even at a young age. You're the girl who showed no mercy when entering battle, even when odds weren't fair. You're the girl who was brutal  for  fun. Now tell me, Natalia. Do you still think you're a hero?'

'I'm not like that anymore. You controlled me.'

'Deny all you want dearest, you know that deep down you enjoyed it.'

'No I didn't.'

'You enjoyed watching those other little girls suffer, because it wasn't you. It gave you a sense of strength, didn't it? Knowing you weren't on the other side of the gun? Knowing you survived, when others hadn't?'

'No. I felt pity towards them.'

'Don't lie to me. You loved to watch them writhe in pain on the bloody floor. We followed a rule in the red room, can you recall?'

'Only the strong survive, and the weak will die. Kill them, or kill you.'

'Yes. You were a firm believer in that, weren't you, Natalia? You loved watching as the weak were slowly wiped out, leaving you with the real competition. You loved watching them die for their weaknesses. You loved knowing you were strong.'

'No I didn't.'

'Don't fucking lie to me! You liked watching them fall before the soldier in defeat! You liked watching him beat them to death with rusty crowbars, because they weren't strong enough! You liked being in power!'

'No I didn't! It was torture for me! It was torture for us! We were your prisoners!'

'No, there are no prisoners with Hydra. Only order. And with order, comes pain. You liked it.'

'I hated it.'

'You're lying. You liked watching them get brutally beaten to death, because it  wasn't  you.'

'No I didn't!'

'Go tell them where you belong! Do it! Tell them you're coming home! You know you're not a hero Natalia, let them know too!'

'I've changed! I'm not a machine anymore!'

'Liar! You're SHIELD'S weapon now!'

'They don't use me!'