Chapter 113: She Left, Didn't She?

Natasha's pov:

"Oh, really? And how do I know you wont run away like last night?" He arches an eyebrow.

"First of all, I thought last night ended pretty well. Second of all, I promise I wont run away."

"Hmmmmmm..." He think about it for a moment.

"Well, you're right about one part. Last night ended wonderfully. But how do I know you're not lying?" He agrees.

"Would I break a promise to you?" I cock my head.

"You sure as hell better not. You get a second chance, lucky you." He smirks.

"Oh whatever. I don't have to listen to you anyway. I just choose to." I roll my eyes.

"Oh? Are you sure about that?" He arches an eyebrow.

"Pretty sure. But, I wont run away. If I do decide to-" He narrows his eyes "I'll tell you first."

"And I'll say no."

"And I'll say fuck you I'm going anyway." I cross my arms.

He hops off the bed and approaches, "And I'll catch you."

"And you wont."

"And I will." He stands just before me.

"Go to bed, loser." I push him back and he sits on the bed.

"I'm hurt, but I'm also tired. I'll go to bed, but not because you told me to, because I want to."

"Sure thing. Sleep tight, princess."

"You too, my knight in shining armor." He winks at me.

I turn off the lights for him.

As time passed while I was on my phone, I got a little...Insecure. I felt a little unsafe, so I did what any normal person would do. I hid in the closet. Yup. I hid. In. The closet. At first I just wanted to take a walk, run away. I decided against it. Bucky would be pissed, and I promised I wouldn't. That's why I'm wearing my boots. My jacket is on the closet floor, because it's hot in here so I had to take it off. The whole motel is like that, but this closet especially. The closet is pretty empty, but I think Sam's in here. Kidding. It's just me. Anyway, I'm curled in a ball in the closet. In the corner. I hate it.

I just feel so vulnerable. So weak. Why? Why am I feeling this way? Why am I tearing myself apart? I feel alone. So painfully alone. Why do I feel so alone? But I'm not. Why do I feel like I'm not alone? More importantly, which feels worse? Being alone, or not being alone? I hate both, but I can't tell what's worse. I can't stop shaking. I keep my head buried in my knees.

"...Goddammit. She left, didn't she?"

I hear a heavy sigh from in the main room. His words are followed by some shuffling. I guess he's getting ready to run after me.

"Thought I wouldn't notice. I did. She never fucking learns."

I feel the room getting hotter as I get nervous.

"Does she think I'm oblivious? She probably just thought she'd get back in time. Hah! No."

I hear approaching footsteps, and I start to panic.

"Wait..."

Silence.

"There she is." I hear his content voice directly behind me, and I scramble into the corner.

I quickly stand and press into the corner, away from him. He approaches, but I push him away, shaking more now.

"Hey, stop, it's just me, it's just me."