Chapter 70

Natasha's pov:

I wake up to the feeling of someone shaking me awake. I open my eyes to see none other than Bucky Barnes shaking me into consciousness.

"Buck?" I groan and sit up a little.

"Oh good, you're alive." He says sourly.

"What are you doing? How'd the mission go?" I ask, grabbing the brush on my bedside table and running it through my hair.

"He slapped you?" He crosses his arms, totally ignoring my question.

"Yup. Clint beat the ever loving shit outta him." I laugh lightly.

"...I can't believe you." He pinches the bridge of his nose.

"Hey, that wasn't my fault. He was drunk as fuck." I say.

"...Can you just go out one day and not get hurt?" He sighs.

"Nope. I'm in the hero business. There is no peace here." I put the brush down and stand, patting him on the shoulder.

I now realized I never changed before i went to bed. I wearing the same thing I was wearing yesterday. I didn't even take off my jacket. I slip off my jacket and throw it on the bed. I look back at Bucky, who is looking at me with a pained look.

"I'm fine." I smile lightly so he knows it's genuine.

He doesn't seem any happier.

"...You're lying, aren't you?"

...

"What did he do?"

I don't respond.

I pull the blade out of my pocket and toss it on the bed.

"Natalia. Did he hurt you?" He asks.

"What does the red mark say to you?" I ask, cracking a fake smile.

"He got handsy, didn't he?" He pushes.

"...A little, yeah." I admit.

"...I'm sorry." He shakes his head.

"No, no, it's fine. I'm fine, you're fine, everything's ok, James." I walk up and put my hand on his shoulder to ease him.

"It's not ok. I would have murdered him if I were there. I'm sorry there was nothing I could do." He says sadly.

"It's fine, drunk Clint took care of it before I even had the chance to act." I laugh, for real this time.

He smiles faintly and sadly.

I exit the room and knock on Clint's door.

"Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattt?" He groans from inside.

"Come one. I wanna spar you." I say.

"...Now?" He asks.

"I'll let you have your coffee first." I smile.

"...Fine." He huffs in agreement.

I go back to may room and change into some workout shorts, tank top and some sneakers.

I exit my room to see Clint already waiting for me all dressed and ready. Me and Clint both grab a cup of coffee and down it pretty quickly while we listen to Steve's rant about responsibility and patriotism.

"And that's why you guys need to be more careful and responsible. Do you understand now?" Steve crosses his arms.

I see Bucky eyeing him from beside him. Steve's a fucking hypocrite and Bucky knows it.

"Yeah yeah, sure thing. God bless America." I say and smile.

"...So, you ready?" Clint asks.

"Oh yeah. This is gonna be so fun." I raise my eyebrows.

"I'm so exited. We haven't done this in so long." He comments.

"I know. That's what will makes this even sweeter." I purr.

"I'm gonna leave you breathless, little girl." He smiles evilly.

"Sure about that bug guy? I'm a super soldier. I have enhanced stamina." I say.

"You underestimate me and my skills." He says.

"Alright, alright. Go easy on me, will you?" I pout.

"No. You're getting all I got, lil' lady." He hums.

"Stop going so hard on me! It's too much for me!" I whine in a joking manner.

"Ok, are you two going to fuck or spar?" Tony asks, looking up from his phone.

"We'll find out." I smile as I drag off Clint to the training room.

I we head off, I get a glimpse of Bucky's face. He looks distraught and maybe a little angry. He is in distress right now. What's my little pup thinking now?

We enter the battle ring, and take defensive stances. He strikes first for my gut. I dodge and sent my elbow into his back as he falls to the floor. He gets up fast and strikes for my legs. He knocks me over, but I roll back up and kick him in the gut. He doubles over in pain, but gets back up quickly. He throws a swing at me but I dodge. I jump up on his shoulders and start choking him out. He throws me over and onto the floor. I roll out of the way and he stomps where my chest just was. I kick his knees and knock him onto his knees. I stand in front of him. He gives me a suggestive smirk before knocking me over onto my back as well. He pins my arms to the ground and hovers over me.

"With that joke we were making earlier, people will start to think were were being serious if they saw us now." I smile.

"Yeah. Is that a problem, hun? Misleading teammates?" He cocks his head.

"I didn't call it a problem, sweetie." I half smile mischievously.

"Good, 'cuz this is funny as fuck." He laughs.

"Yeah Clint. Didn't you know? We gon frick right now." I say.

"I didn't think you guys were being serious..." We turn to Sam standing awkwardly in the doorway.

"Do we ever lie?" I ask.

He doesn't respond. He just stands there for a moment, and leaves.

"...He actually thinks we're gonna fuck." I says surprised.

"Should we correct him?" Clint asks.

"No." I chuckle.

"Yeah, you're right." He says.

"Hey Clint, how come I'm not outta breath yet?" I arch an eyebrow.

"...You're about to be." He gives me a 'don't challenge me' look.

"Oh, sure." I flip over and n him to the ground instead.

"Oh, of course, ladies on top." He furrows his eyebrows.

"Yup. Let me do all the work, you just sit back and relax hun. I got this under control." I say.

"Whatever you say, babe." He chuckles.

"Ok, that's enough 'training' for you two." We hear Bucky's voice and turn our heads to him, Steve, and Tony in the doorway.

Buck crosses his arms.

"Awww, sorry cutie, we're gonna have to cut this session of our 'training' short." Clint says.

"What a shame." I stand up.

Clint reaches out his hand for help getting up, but I ignore him and walk away.

"Damn, ok." I hear him groan as he struggles to get up.

While Bucky glares at me, I smile in pride and walk out the door.