Chapter 92: Sickening Betrayal

Guys when I told @SmallbutScary to look forward to this chapter xe said that xe looked forward to every chapter omg you guys it was cute i wanted you guys to know that i'm bragging about what u said smallscry omg i fangirled rip**

Natasha's pov:

"Widow, get your suit. Arm yourself. We're leaving." Bucky says.

"Oh? We have a mission?" I question.

"No."

"Then, what are we doing?" I ask.

He disappears into his room before answering my question.

"Natasha." I hear Clint and turn around.

"Do you know what's up with Bucky? He's acting a little strange." I ask.

"...Yeah. Me and him had a little talk." Clint doesn't seem as cheerful as usual.

"About what?"

"Natasha... I see you for what you are."

"...What do you mean?"

"You have a lot of innocent blood on your hands, and you know that.

"Yes, I do." On the outside, I look fine; but inside, I'm dying in a panic.

"I used to think that maybe...Just maybe, you could redeem yourself. Then, I didn't know just how many deaths you were responsible for...I think I was wrong...I should have killed you years ago, but for some reason, I couldn't bring myself to do it. Now I know my mistakes. Now, I know why Hydra wants you back so bad."

"...What are you trying to say?" I speak in a monotone voice.

"Bucky is going back to Hydra."

"What are you talking bout, Clint?" I ask.

"He told me he feels like he doesn't belong here. He said neither of you do."

A silence befalls us. If this is some sick joke, it's not fucking funny.

"Clint, I swear, if you're joking-"

"I'm not. Bucky is going back to Hydra, and he's taking you with him. He knows that Hydra owns the both of you, and that they'll do anything to get you back. Even if it means killing every Avenger to get to you. He says he needs to do this to protect us." Clint crosses his arms.

"...What?"

"I got a mission to kill you years ago...I chose not to. I thought I saw something in you. Deep down, you know that Hydra will always own you. You are still their's whether you want to be or not. If you stay, you put everyone here in danger. If you go back to Hydra, you could save lives. I think it's for the best. Someone like you shouldn't tear down the name of the Avengers."

"...I..."

"Bucky said he's going to take you with him back to Hydra. Tonight. You should gather up your things."

"I... I'm so confused." I sigh.

"Look, I like you. I really do. But, some sacrifices must be made. Natasha, you just can't stay here. I'm sorry. You guys really don't have a choice. I'm so sorry Nat." Clint gives me a sad look.

Maybe he's right. But why are they doing this?

"...No."

"What do you mean no? There's nowhere else for you to go." Clint arches an eyebrow.

"I belong 6 feet under."

"...Are you sure?" He asks.

"Better that than joining Hydra again." I cross my arms.