Chapter 56

Natasha's pov:

It's been almost 2 weeks since... The incident.

Everyone is feeling better, myself included. Things have pretty much gone back to normal, except Tony now has a key to unlock my room door if needed.

I'm in my room, on my computer. Alexi has been chatting with me frequently recently. Thankfully with Stark tech, he can't track my device. He has no clue where I am. Good. We're discussing Bucky as the Winter Soldier right now. He seems very interested in us super soldiers at the moment.

'Natalia, why must you run from me? From us?'

'Because, I don't work for Hydra anymore.'

'You are such a pain in the ass. Your bodyguard too.' He's exasperated.

'He's not my bodyguard, Alexi. He's my boyfriend.'

'I don't like you calling him your boyfriend, Natalia.'

'I don't care what you like.'

'Natalia, I am your husband! You're cheating on me!'

'No, you're not. I would never stay with someone like you, even if it costed my life.'

'You're lucky I don't kill you for that!'

'You would never. You couldn't. I'm worth too much to you and Hydra. So is Bucky.'

'I hate him. We can make more Winter Soldiers, you know.'

'Sure, but you wont. For the same reason you're trying so hard to get me back.'

'And why is that?'

'Because we were your best, and us working for SHEILD... Is a catastrophic setback for Hydra.'

'True, true. But he can be replaced easily. Black Widows are harder to make than Winter Soldiers. That's one reason why I want you more.'

'True. But, how easy is it for you to make a Winter Soldier as stable as Bucky?'

'...Well, you got me there, Natalia. He was our best Winter Soldier, and our original.'

'One, don't call me that. Two, that's why you hate him.'

'One, I'll call you whatever I want. I you're mine, don't forget that. Two, why do you think I hate him?'

'You don't own me, and because he's a better super soldier than you. You're just a lousy knock off.'

'He is not better than me, Natalia! He takes orders from me!'

'He's supposed to, but he doesn't. Someone like you doesn't deserve to be in charge. Even to someone as compliant as Bucky. That's why he beat the shit out of you. He hates you too.'

'The asset doesn't know who he's up against. Next time, his win wont be so easily fought.'

'Really? Why is that?'

'Tell him what I said, will you darling?'

red-anonymous signed off.

"Why are you talking to that douche again?" I hear a voice from behind me suddenly.

I jump from the scare he gave me.

"Hey, hey, it's just me! I'm sorry!" He laughs.

"Ugh. Buck, stop sneaking in my room." I snap.

"You can call me James, you know." He smiles and shoves his hands in his pockets.

"James, stop sneaking into my room." I huff.

"Much better. Now why are you talking to that asshole? I read quite a bit of that conversation." He says.

"Oh, good to know how long you've been here." I say sarcastically.

"I just wanted to see what you were up to. I was not too pleased with what I found." He narrows his eyes in disapproval.

"He made the first message."

"Why respond?" He cocks his head in question.

"You never know what he might say." I raise my eyebrows.

"He said some mean stuff about me, Natalia." He pouts.

"And what do you want me to do about it? You know I can't get him to stop." I cross my arms.

"I want you to make me feel better about it." He holds his arms out, asking for a hug.

I sigh and smile faintly. I give him the hug he was silently asking for. I hugs me back tightly.

"You know just how to make me feel better." I can tell he's smiling.

"Yeah, I do." I say cockily.

"You seem very sure about that." He says amused.

"Oh, I am." I say.

"Hmmm. I'll take your word for it." He says.

"I always know just what you need, Barnes."

"Really, like what?" He asks.

"Well, at the moment, you could use one of these."

I use his shoulders as leverage and give him a peck on the lips.

"...Hmmm. You're right. You knew that's what I wanted before I did." He smiles.

"I told you. I know what you need." I give him that 'I told you so' look.

"Well, I could use some more." He says.

"Oh, I know. That doesn't mean you're going to get it though." I tease.

"You are the ultimate tease, Natalia." He rolls his eyes.

"I know." I escape from his arms.

He crosses his arms in disappointment.

"Come one, don't be like that." He whines.

"I'm gonna be like that. Unless, maybe you do me a quick favor..." I side glance at him.

He perks his head up and his eyes light up with a curious expression.

"Oh, you look eager." I comment.

"What do you need?" He arches an eyebrow.

"Well, Clint stole a bottle from my stash, and he thought I didn't notice..." I grin evilly.

"...Go on..." He knows I'm up to something.

"I need your help making him pay me back." I say.

"Done." He quickly exits the room.

It's funny how I can get him to do my dirty work for me.

...

"Tony! Steve!" I hear Clint from out there, clearly scared.

I wonder what's going on out there?