Chapter 51

Natasha's pov:

I open my eyes a little and see a momentarily blinding light. My eyes quickly adjust and I realize I'm in a hospital bed. The room is bright and white.

"Good morning, Agent Romanoff." I hear the doctor say.

I quickly realize that I'm handcuffed to the bed from one arm. I'm still in my Widow outfit, but it's slightly unzipped to show off my patched up stab wound.

"We just need to run some tests on you." He says.

No.

I know this.

They're going to torture me again.

Memories of the red room flash before me. Being in bright rooms, while they fix you up. No painkillers. Resetting broken bones, minor surgeries, all no painkillers. It hurt like hell. The kind of pain that makes you wish you were dead.

"No." My eyes go wide.

"No, no, no, no, no..." I hurriedly grab the switchblade out of my boot and start picking the lock to the cuffs.

I realize that Bucky is asleep in the chair next to the bed. He brought me here?

"Agent Romanoff, please clam down. We are going to help you." The doctor tries to ease me.

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no!" I start panicking and tearing up.

Bucky next to me wakes up.

"Natalia? Are you ok? What's going on?" Bucky asks

The cuff pops open.

I tear off the breathing mask and rip off any cords strapped to me. Bucky tries to calm me and hold me down, but he fails. I jump out of the bed and race down the hospital halls. Soon, guys with guns show up and surround me. They're all SHIELD agents. I fire up my Widow's Bite, ready to fight my way out of here. I'm breathing heavy, and it stings.

"Stop! Don't shoot!" Bucky pushes through the armed men.

"Natalia, we aren't going to hurt you." He walks up to me.

I turn of the W.B and stand down. He picks me up and carries me somewhere, quickly pushing through the armed men again. He's taking me back to the room again.

No.

"No, no! James, no! NO!" I cry.

We enter the room and he quickly shuts the door and turns off the lights.

"Shhh, Natalia it's ok." He hushes.

"No, no, no! Please, please no! Please don't!" I feel the tears rolling down my cheeks as I try to escape the metal grip on my arm.

He presses me up against the door to stop my squirming. He slowly slides us down until we are sitting on the floor. I tuck me knees into my chest.

"Natalia, we wont hurt you. We are your friends. Please, stop crying. You're ok." He wipes the tears off with his hand.

"No, no, no... James... Please, James..." I huff in panic.

"Yeah, it's me. I'm right here. I promise I wont hurt you." He's only a couple inches away from me.

"No... James... James please... Help... No... James, please!" I stare off at something not there.

"I'm right here, Natalia. You're ok. Calm down. We're here to help." He wipes the tears off my cheeks.

"No... No, no, no, no, no help... Please don't... Don't hurt me..." I whimper, pulling away from his hand.

"No, no. We wont hurt you. Please, Natalia stop crying. You're going to be ok." He turns my head to look at him.