Chapter 110: Can I Come With You?

The next few chapters will be flashbacks. This takes place shortly after he remembers Natasha, but before a relationship is established between them. They're still technically 'friends'.

Natasha's pov:

"Where are you going?"

I turn to the voice behind me.

"Out. Why are you up at this hour?"

"I was about to take a walk, what are you doing?"

"It's like 12. Why are you taking a walk at this hour?"

"Why are you avoiding my question?"

"Um- I'm not."

"Then where are you going?"

"Why do you care?"

"Because you're known for running way at night. Good thing I happened to be awake so I could catch you."

I step into the elevator and press the button.

"Don't worry Barnes, I'll be back soon. It's fine." I say as the doors shut.

Just before the doors shut completely, a metal hand stops them. He heaves the doors open and steps in. The doors close and I'm stuck in here with him. I'm stuck in the elevator with my ex. Wow. Awkward.

"So, where are you going? You can't run anymore..."

"...A shitty motel a few miles from here. Don't tell anyone. I'll hurt you."

"For how long?"

"A few days. Sometimes I feel like it gets a little crowded in the tower, that's all." I cross my arms awkwardly.

"Alright. Can I come with you?" He glances at me, awaiting my answer.

"W-what?"

"Can I come with you? Surely one other person with you shouldn't be too crowded... Just enough so you're not alone."

"Why do you want to come?"

"I don't want you to be alone. It's not good to be left alone for multiple days, and I know you wont leave the motel."

"You don't have to come, you know. I'll be fine-"

"I know I don't have to, but I want to."

"I mean..." I take a moment to think about it.

"Alright, fine. As long as you don't get in the way." I compromise.

"Thanks."

The doors open and I hastily step out. He moves a little faster to catch up with me.

"So, how long have you been doing this?"

"Going to motels for a few days? Well, pretty much when I moved to Stark tower."

"Oh."

The rest of the car ride was silent, thankfully.

When we arrived at the motel, we got a room on the second and top floor with two beds. We walk up the stairs, and search for the room we'll be staying in. We walk down the hall, and it turn into a fork leading down two different hallways.

"Ok, I'll look down here, you look down there. Good?"

"Yeah. Call me if you find it. If I don't find it here, I'll come find you."

"Let's split." I start walking down one hall, and we separate.

There's 2 men down the hallway I'm going down, that I didn't see before. I quietly walk down the hall, and I see our room. Room 114. Just before I call Bucky, the men approach. They're not tall, probably around 5,8 or 5,9. No taller. Though they're short, they look more muscled than the average. One has messy brown hair, and looks normal for the most part. Though, I do see a malicious look in his eyes. Subtle, but it's there. He stops about one foot away from me and leans his arm on the wall beside me. One was following behind him, and he takes my side. He's around the same height and build. He's blonde, and also looks super suspicious.