Chapter 14

Natasha's pov:

The soldier walks into the living room where me, Tony, Steve, and Clint were all hanging out. He just got back from a two day mission. Me and Clint were talking about going to the coffee shop again later today. He has his gun thrown over his shoulder. He stares at Clint for a moment. Him staring at Clint must have brought back upsetting memories. Clint looks nervous. After a moment of staring, the soldier limps to his room without saying another word.

"Scared, Barton?" I ask him.

"No, I was just didn't know why he was just standing there... Staring." The archer replied.

"Oh, please. He scared you, stop trying to lie." I laughed.

"Shut up Nat. That guy scares you just as much as he scares me." He retorts.

"Guys, Bucky is nothing to be scared of." Steve jumps in.

"He's a 101 year old Russian assassin with a metal fucking arm, Steve!" Clint snaps.

"He's intimidating, not scary!" Steve comes back.

"He's never failed a mission, besides you!" Tony buts in.

"Yeah, because we were friends! He has a soft spot!"

"I know that, But that doesn't mean he's not terrifying, Steve!" I argue.

"He's not as scary as you guys think he-" Steve gets cut off.

Crash

We all hear a loud crash coming from Bucky's room. It sounded like metal on metal.

"What the hell?" Clint says.

I get up and knock on the door to Bucky's room.

Knock knock

"Hey, are you ok?" I ask through the door.

"...Sorta." I hear him grumble through the door.

"Can I come in? What was that?" I ask.

"Don't come in. That was nothi- AH!" I hear him yell in pain through the door.

"Can you, get Steve for me?"

"Sure." I answer.

Steve must have heard, because now he's walking towards the door.

He opens the door and steps inside.

"Bucky, what happened?" He rushes over to Bucky.

I peek inside and see Bucky lying on the ground with a knife in his abdominal area. Steve picks him up, so Bucky can lean on his shoulder. They come into the living room.

"Hey Stark, can you fix this? It would be awkward too take him to the hospital like this." Steve asked, because Bucky was still in his winter soldier outfit. Everyone looked utterly surprised.

"Yeah. Bring him down to the lab." He says with a look and tone of shock.

"I can walk on my own now, Steve." He complains.

"No you can't." He simply replies.

"How did you stab yourself?" I ask.

"I tripped and fell while carrying an open bag of knives." He huffs.

"Oh my god." I let out and exasperated sigh.

"Oops." he simply says.

"You are going to kill yourself one day."

I follow them down to the lab where they lay him on the table. Tony injects him with some anesthesia. He should pass out soon.

"We have to pull out the knife and fix any damage it may have caused to any vital organs. Then we have to make sure it doesn't get infected." Tony says.